• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Email Derinda @ NJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm currenly flying for Continental Express or ExpressJet. I'm going to upgrade training in late May. I know I'll be gettin 121 PIC, but CAL is going to get 69 planes soon, so I'll be back to FO. The regionals are a race to the bottom, the only reason I'm there is to get my PIC and leave, now it looks like I'll get 500 of PIC if I'm lucky and be back to FO. Before Express I did part 91 corporate in a CE560 and loved it, it just wasn't a long term gig. But the Fracs seem like a career move.

My question is that I won't have my ATP until I finish upgrade training with Express, which should be in late June. I meet all other mins. I know NetJets application proccess takes awhile, so I was wondering if anyone knows if I can apply now, since I'll have the ATP once they get back to me. ( Could I email Derinda, I do not have here email address, if someone could post, if they think this question is worth a email)

My second question is would you leave my current regional job for the Fracitonals.

Last edited:
My question is that I won't have my ATP until I finish upgrade training with Express said:
1. Start your applications now, as it will take some time to get started. Keep them updated, and when you upgrade with the ATP, update again.

2. You will not know this answer until you are retired, or working at Walmart.

I doubt you'd get an app in response to your resume, if it did not include the hiring mins. An ATP is required. If it's that important to you, go get the ATP on your own.

I'm getting a free ATP and type starting in about 1 month, so why would I go pay for a ATP for about 2k. Since I meet all the other mins by alot and I'm in the process of upgrade training, I just thought I could get headed in the right direction and the pilot recruitiment will see that and I can update once I finish my training.

If the compensation package is better than where you're at, you could adjust to the schedule, and you think you'd like the style of flying as well as what you're doing now, then I'd make the move, if I were you. Many of the NJ pilots now consider their job a career position worth keeping.

It sounds as though the training backlog actually works in your favor, Griswold. I agree with S&S that you should get started if allowed. It's certainly worth a try.

Good Luck to all of you! Waiting is hard I know.
NJW

My guess is that NJA doesn't know you'll have the ATP until "You have it." ie. fail upgrade, fired...etc.

Good luck in the upgrade and I don't think you'll miss much in that there are tons of guys/gals on here that have their resumes in and no apps - so think off all the other pilots waiting for the apps that don't post here. Training/interviewing is at an alltime slow.

My $0.02

Baja.

Be careful Griswold about saying you have the ATP, when you don't have it. If you don't have it now like you said and send in a resume saying you do have it the company finding out about it would see that as lying. Turning in a Temp Certificate at the interview with a date that was after your original submission for the app would just be one red flag going up.
Have to ask Hawk Driver how they would view that in an interview..

My resume and cover letter says I just have the written done and it says I'm going to upgrade training in May and I'll have it after I finish.

There is no way I would go lying about a certificate I don't have.

I guess I should have been more clear: you will be wasting your time sending a resume without the hiring mins. You do not have an ATP, so you don't meet the mins. Therefore, you would be wasting your time. They WILL NOT send you an app without an ATP.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back