Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SDCFI

Registered Offender
It's been a month now since I received the application acceptance email from Derinda. Has anyone in this time frame gotten an interview date yet? I know they've been busy with the job fairs and training backlog and whatnot, just wondering if a quick email to get a status update would be out of line. Maybe I'm just paranoid my stuff got lost in the shuffle ya know? Advice, suggestions, flame, tips, and bribes are all accepted.

I thik you'll find Derinda about as laid back as it gets. I wouldn't hesitate to send her an email.

Its been about that long for me, but I'm not expecting them to call back until late summer since I can't start terminal leave from the Navy until mid-Dec. Didn't the email state something about no calls or emails?

Best of luck,

flyfish said:
I thik you'll find Derinda about as laid back as it gets. I wouldn't hesitate to send her an email.

Well, there ya go...

I received the same email in early March. The only thing I have done was request an update form. The form came back the same day I sent the email. I spoke with a NJ pilot in TOL while on my last trip. He echoed much of what has been said here...the back log in training and the problems with recruiting into CMH, PBI and LAX.

Let us know what you hear.

Good luck...fly safe!

I wouldn't be surprised if hiring slowed down for a little while. There's already new hires booked a few months out, and with the current state of the Company, it wouldn't hurt to step back a minute and see if all this hiring is causing improvements.

VVJM265 said:
Didn't the email state something about no calls or emails?/quote]

It just says no phone calls, which is why I was asking. I figure an email wouldn't bother her too much if she's busy because she can read and respond at her leisure. However, if a couple hundred (wild ass guess) pilots are filling up her inbox that may not go over so well. Sounds like I'm not the only one patiently waiting which makes me feel better. I'm just excited to get up to CMH and get a look at NetJets firsthand. Good luck to everyone else playing the waiting game, hope to see you up there soon.

Slim - did you request the update form because of a job/address change or just to update your times? I've only flown 30 or 40 hours since I sent the app in so would it even make sense for me to request one? Guess it wouldn't hurt to show I'm still interested. Peace out.

I needed to update the date of my latest proficiency check and medical. Updating the flight time doesn't hurt. I figure if they are doing background checks, I better provide them with the information so nothing surprises them. I also hope a "benign" request for something might prompt something useful from their end.

Fly safe!

Attention to detail is an important skill to have. By updating your form you'll be demonstrating that you are conscientious, even when it comes to paperwork. If your application package got lost in the shuffle, the reminder will be completely appropriate. Good luck, SDCFI, I hope it works out for you.
Netjetwife

SDCFI and SLIM,

I am in the exact same boat as you. Got the accepted and wait email in early March too. My buddy at NJ, says he is hearing much the same as everyone else stated already. The job fairs, training backed up, etc.

I am trying to be patient as well, and like you guys, can't wait to get the opportunity to see and meet the operation in CMH! The update form is probably a good idea to show them your interest!

I am currently getting by with the old saying, "Good things come to those who wait!"

Good Luck everyone!

JR

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back