Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

electronic logbooks, good enough for an interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJ2008

Hi everyone,

I am using logbookpro and I am thinking about stopping filling my jeppesen professional logbook, and just inputting every flight I do on logbook pro. I will print the electronic logbook and add it to my physical logbook making sure it fits.

My question is. If I interview for the majors in the future, do they prefer to see the old fashion logbook. Or it is ok the way I am thinking about logging my times?

Thank you

Can't speak for the major's but you can export it to Excel and then it email it to Kinkos or the UPS store. They can print it on the green paper and make it just like a logbook. The buy a binder and put it in there.

I would think, it would look better that someone is willing to spend the money to ensure no small things like addition errors in your time. It also makes it much easier to read. The one interview I used it on, I recieved compliments on how the appearance was from the hring staff.

i switch all my info to a electronic logbook during my interviewing days. bring your old logbooks to a interview just to verify your initial flight time.

using a electronic logbook looks professional and easy to read for the interview.

Hi everyone,

I am using logbookpro and I am thinking about stopping filling my jeppesen professional logbook, and just inputting every flight I do on logbook pro. I will print the electronic logbook and add it to my physical logbook making sure it fits.

My question is. If I interview for the majors in the future, do they prefer to see the old fashion logbook. Or it is ok the way I am thinking about logging my times?

Thank you

I use the e-logbook for all of my 121 flying details. I then make a monthly total entry into the paper book just so all of the totals match. Any GA flying get's it's own entry also. I took that and a printout from the e-book to a recent interview, seemed to be OK with them.

I've had three interviews with big 121 airlines and all three loved the electronic logbook.

If you do the electronic logbooks, make sure you bring your actual logbooks to the interview as well. When I interviewed at Pinnacle, the guy didn't even acknowledge my electronic logbook when I offered it to him - he just went straight for the originals. On the other hand, the interviewer at SkyWest liked it.

one concern i have heard is that the electronic logbook is amendable after the fact. so some people prefer to see it in ink

Any logbook can be doctored if one so wishes. I don't think that should be concern at all. I've used an electronic version for two successful interviews without any problem at all. If you print it out like a Jepp ledger, then you sign it at the bottom attesting to it's accuracy.

I would recommend logbook pro. If you have a PDA, then get APDL too. You can import most airlines schedules right into your PDA and enter your times throughout your trip. Then when you hotsynch, it goes straight into you logbook. No muss, no fuss.

thank you guys. I am using logbookpro and this program is the best. is good to know that it wont be a problem.

Latest resources

Back