Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tchinson

Tchinson
Looking for a good electronic logbook that would satisfy an airline interview for when that time comes for me. Logbook Pro seems to be the most widely liked, but I would really like a program where I could enter the data on the internet from any computer. Can you do this with Logbook Pro? I also want to be able to make reports and such. Anybody have any suggestions?

Last edited:
I use LogBookPro on my desktop and LogTen on my iPhone for day to day entries. After my tour (usually a couple tours) I export the data. It's an extra step but is really pretty painless. The iPhone make a ccv file and emails it to me. I then just import that file into LogBookPro. Takes three minutes.

Fly safe

Last edited:
I have used Safelog for 4 years, interviewed 2 years ago with 5 airlines using it to print hard a hard copy, offered a job at all 5. left my out paper log book at how as i had transferred all flying to Safelog. All commented about how much they like the logbook, one interviewer asked where i got it. that he was going to make the switch.

Safelog has the internet application you're looking for. Using a Blackberry, iPhone and soon Android phones you enter your times at the end of each leg or at the end of the day, upload it to Safelog's server where it's stored, then when you get home or in room, download or sync with your computer. With Safelog you always have a backup. Google Safelog and read what they have to say. Safelog is also very responsive to questions and it is updated normally a couple times a month with new features.

Last edited:
I have used Safelog for 4 years, interviewed 2 years ago with 5 airlines using it to print hard a hard copy, offered a job at all 5. left my out paper log book at how as i had transferred all flying to Safelog. All commented about how much they like the logbook, one interviewer asked where i got it. that he was going to make the switch.

Safelog has the internet application you're looking for. Using a Blackberry, iPhone and soon Android phones you enter your times at the end of each leg or at the end of the day, upload it to Safelog's server where it's stored, then when you get home or in room, download or sync with your computer. With Safelog you always have a backup. Google Safelog and read what they have to say. Safelog is also very responsive to questions and it is updated normally a couple times a month with new features.

From what I saw on some other forums, a lot of people complained about being able to print off logbook pages on Safelog? What has your experience been with this? These forums were relatively old so maybe Dauntless has fixed this problem?

Last edited:
I use LogBookPro on my desktop and LogTen on my iPhone for day to day entries. After my tour (usually a couple tours) I export the data. It's an extra step but is really pretty painless. The iPhone make a ccv file and emails it to me. I then just import that file into LogBookPro. Takes three minutes.

Fly safe

Is the LogTen app cheaper or did you have to buy the whole $99 package? Also, I've heard LogTen automatically calculates night time...is this also true for LogBookPro?

LogTen has a desktop app and an iPhone app. The iPhone app is cheaper around $30 or so. They have a free or very cheap app but it won't export and that's what I need.

Yes, it does calculate night automatically. That's pretty cool. LogBook Pros APDL is a better product, but Neil refuses to support iPhone or Blackberry. LogTen is just as bad as they refuse to support PC. Seems there is a massive, uncrossable divide between Mac and PC when it comes to pilot apps.

So that's why I have both, I'm an iPhone guy without a Mac. I really wish LogBookPro would just come out with an iPhone app for there APDL.

LogbookPro and APDL with Palm. Works fine. Fly during the day. Sync the Palm and the laptop at home at night. Seamless operation. No more paper.

Expensive at first to buy. Great support since.

T8

APDL for Palm works just fine. No need for a new app for the newer phones. I got a Droid Incredible and then bought a Treo 700p off eBay for 28 bucks to use with APDL.

Latest resources

Back