Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJ2008

Hi all,

I stopped logging my flight time at my Jeppesen Professional logbook to now record it on Logbook pro. I am thinking about going to Kinko’s to make a custom binder with my time. Has anybody done this at a SWA interview? Is this advisable. Thank you very much for your time. I am still couple of years from even sending my stuff. but oakland for me is the only way I want to go. What time do they look for, example. x country, night time, pilot flying non pilot flying.

thank you once again

Last edited:
They look for people who are not lazy enough to put thier flighttime into a "real" logbook. Bite the bullet and do what every other person has done that has gotten hired by a major....fill out the paper logbook and look professional. the only people in my interview group at dal that didn't have the regular logbook were military, they had a one page print out of thier time.

maybe other people have had a different experience, this is just mine and my opinion for what it's worth.

andyd, where do you get your information?

1. What is a "real" logbook?
2. So if you use an electronic logbook, you're lazy?

I personally know of a number of people that have gotten hired at SWA, and lots of other "majors" using an electronic logbook.

My advice use what ever you like as long as its accurate and neat. Electronic logbooks never make a mathematical error, can break down times at the click of a button and can be backed up an unlimited number of times.

They look for people who are not lazy enough to put thier flighttime into a "real" logbook. Bite the bullet and do what every other person has done that has gotten hired by a major....fill out the paper logbook and look professional. the only people in my interview group at dal that didn't have the regular logbook were military, they had a one page print out of thier time.

maybe other people have had a different experience, this is just mine and my opinion for what it's worth.

You are very misinformed. I used electronic for my interview and they liked it. Many people are using it now. It looks very clean, neat, and organized. Sounds professional too me.

Which logbook do you all use? If you used an electronic logbook for SWA, did you take your old paper logs too?

Yeah what he said, damn kids with all this technology.

Which logbook do you all use? If you used an electronic logbook for SWA, did you take your old paper logs too?

Safelog coupled with their PDA version, like it very much. I found it more intuitive the Logbook Pro. Some might find the opposite. The only issue I have with Safelog is when it comes to printing, however it's not a big issue now that I have learned how to manipulate the printing process. Safelog is working on printing issues.

I tested a number of electronic logbooks and the only ones I would recommend would be Safelog and Logbook Pro.

And no I wouldn't bother with taking my paper logbooks, but that would be up to you. Guess it couldn't hurt.

Use whatever you want it doesnt matter at SWA. It just needs to be in line with what you put on the application. I used old school paper, but I was to lazy to make it electronic. My paper books are a little messy also. I dont know it worked for me. I would take the paper ones with you though. That way it doesnt look like you have a sharp pencile or pointy fingers in this case.

Have used Logbook Pro, printed out in the Jepp Format with no problems and quite a few compliments actually because things are clearer and easier to read. Have had the paper ones in my briefcase as a backup and never gotten asked to see them.

The makers of logbook pro also have an option for you to send them your logbook pro file via an email and they will print it and put it into a binder. It is expensive but I am sure it looks much nicer than kinko's. All you do is sign each page. I have not done it but I am sure some here have.

I personally can't wait to get my ATP and stop logging the stupid legs. I would not even do it until then but I only have a little to go before that so i figured I will have it done and thus it will end at a logical point. I did bring my leg by leg filled out logbook to my interview (not at SW) but because it was already current and I did not feel like paying the $200ish for that service I have mentioned and I was also short of time. However if I ever have to interview again (I hope not) I will definitely have an elogbook.

It is soooooooo convenient to pick up your PDA or smart phone and click for 10 sec after each leg, then go home and put it into the cradle and your logbook is done. I think an elgobook actually shows that you like computers, or at least you know how to make them usefull. Many companies want to see some minimal computer skills.

Honestly people, paperwork is last century. Go get over it. Are you still watching your game in black and white as well?

Latest resources

Back