Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mach none

wishin I was on a boat
What is the typical trip and RON like on the 777 and the buses?

Do you have time to see or do anything?

(I am too lazy to do the search and I know about pprune too.)

Thanks

mn

Depends on the destinations. I hope the rumored 24-hour layover after the ultra-long Dubai-LAX flight was FALSE. That would suck!

Depends on the destinations. I hope the rumored 24-hour layover after the ultra-long Dubai-LAX flight was FALSE. That would suck!
You should keep up on your FCI's (I know, there's so bloody many of them not to mention all the other memo's, notes, emails, bulletins, FCN's, FTN's, ASR's, along with Ed's other streams of conciousness.). It specifically says that if a leg is blocked for 16 hours or more at any time during the year then the layover will be 48 hours. SFO, LAX and IAH were the only trips that qualified. Forget about the fact that the scheme also says that a crew will be acclimatized prior to any ULR FLIGHT (requiring 3 local nights) yet they have conveniently defined a "flight" as a trip.

I have seen only one reference to this and would like someone to confirm this...can you use Skype in UAE/Dubai?

Thanks

I have seen only one reference to this and would like someone to confirm this...can you use Skype in UAE/Dubai?

Thanks

Yes, you can use skype. The skype website itself is blocked though, so you might have to recharge your skypeOut account downroute. But you can use a VPN (Some are free and some not) and then everything works just fine. I'm using the Magicjack to call the US for free and it works fine. For other countries I use SkypeOut.

Hope this helps!

Ciao,
Sun'n Fun

Magicjack?

Yes, you can use skype. The skype website itself is blocked though, so you might have to recharge your skypeOut account downroute. But you can use a VPN (Some are free and some not) and then everything works just fine. I'm using the Magicjack to call the US for free and it works fine. For other countries I use SkypeOut.

Hope this helps!

Ciao,
Sun'n Fun

Does this thing work in the UAE...? Web page says it works in the US and Canada only.

Does this thing work in the UAE...? Web page says it works in the US and Canada only.

It used to work without a VPN but Etisalat blocked it maybe three weeks ago. Works just fine with a VPN though. I call the US and Canada for free.

It comes with one US phone number and I've selected the area code that my wifes parents live in. So now they can talk for free (Well almost, it's $19,95 per year, but to me that's free ;) ).

I know of one family from south america that bought two magicjacks, one for here and for home (Colombia I think it was), they're calling each other on the respective US phone numbers for free.

For other countries you pre-buy minutes like with SkypeOut, the prices are very cheap though (Germany for instance is $0.02 vs $0.24 on SkypeOut).

And the nice thing is that you use a normal phone.

Hope that helps.

Ciao,
Sun'n Fun

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back