• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ejm To Be A Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ask any Emery Worldwide pilot what they think of ALPA. The union is no better than management. All they want is your money.

As soon as your problems cost them money they will drop you like a hot potato.

Emery pilots made more money with the union contract, but every other working condition was worse. Then the company violates the contract and ALPA in effect lets them.

Emery busted the union and ALPA accountants figured it was cost effective to let them do it.

I have no use for unions.

Last edited:
"Now how could Emery bust the unoin unless the pilots let them?"

Gunfyter:
Other than the dumb little fable you wrote, It's obvious you have nothing to contribute to this union issue.
Do you really think that 500+ Emery pilots let the company "bust the union", put them on the street, sat on the side line and did nothing about it? Get a clue before you go shooting your mouth off about something you obviously know nothing about, idiot!

Ex Emery WorldWide DC-8 Capt !

I would only say this to you "publisher", the best reason to have a union is for that inevidable day when you must go against the wishes of your flying or non-flying superior and you don't have to watch your back for petty repercusions. When you can look your boss in the eye and just say no. Of course there are many negatives to having a union. Fortunately the pluses outweigh the negatives.

comments

My comments are more focused on the fact that aircraft management is not a fractional situation.

I do not know how EJM is but I do know how some others are. A union agreement that might be ok in a fractional situation may not work in a management situation.

Gunfyter;
My apalogies for the rude reply to your post. It was uncalled for and I assure you, not my normal responce to a post on this forum.
the "Emery" issue screwed a lot of good people.

Once again my apalogies sir.
:eek:

Gunfyter....You did very little checking. The company forced the feds to shut them down. They refused to do what the feds told them they must, many times. They think they are above the law and do not have to live up to contracts they have signed.

Why are we blaming the union? Well first they have allowed the company to drag out the "expidited" arbitration for almost 10 months. Second, they removed our elected MEC and put in someone who had failed to be elected to the MEC by a 9 to 1 margin. Someone considered by many to be pro company. Someone who has gone behind the backs of our MEC on more than one occasion.

So.... You don't know what your talking about. You prove this fact when you start typing. Stick to what ever it is that you know.

Gunfyter, to be clear I never said being represented was a bad thing. I said Alpa was just as bad as management.

I don't trust either one. In house union is the only way to go, especially if your group is already organized.

Glad to see you are trainable :)

Latest resources

Back