• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ejm

Ref to Muddauber:

"Vote with your Feet"

Do these words mean anything: Economy, Sept 11th, Industry,
Family, Stability. Everyone has a choice but lets be logical.

"You knew EJM wasn't a Union"

Would you say the same to an EJA pilot that was unhappy
with the Union....ie...."You new it was a union" That type of statement would probably be your comment to any person who did not like where he/she worked regardless of the subject matter.

A good number of us have little or no experience with unions. Only recently, since the inception of fractional, has there been so much on tour" socialization between crews. This has lead to better awareness of unions/non-unions, quality of life, pay scales, benefits etc.. We may be guilty of ignorance but ignorance is a result of not knowing and understanding.

Should we take a college study course on union/non-unions before we enter corporate America or before accepting a job? Should we ask the union or management to give us a speech....how biased would that be? Maybe when we receive an application for a job, there should be a two extra pages explaining the differences. Maybe you could come give a speech...now that would not be biased...would it?

"Mighty Grateful to get a job"

An act of desperation...No Sir! You are conversing with multiple
individuals that have access to this message board. Some having
less but most being just as experienced as yourself if not more,
including all branches of the military. Some at the end of a career
and most in mid career. You would be hard pressedto find 3 pilots under the age of thirty within this company. "Mighty Grateful"...No! Appreciative and lucky to work with a very experienced group...Yes.

Last edited:
Caution

I would just suggest a little caution and slow speed forward position.

EJM is a different company and a different business than the fractionals..

Aircraft management companies are usually set up considerably different than the structure put together at fractionals and it would be a mistake not to remember that in considering taking a position similar to fractionals.

Hey EJMPILOTS don't let Muddauber adjust your trim, he's just a disgrunted SWA guy trying to start a fight.

He's probally on one of his 2 day turns and is pissed at the world.. If you want a UNION at your shop go for it!!! Just make sure its got some balls before you vote'em in...

We at EJA are behind you 100%........

Don't vote for ALPA...!!!!! They will bone the little guys

gunfyter said:
Cliff,

If you worked for Herb you probably would not think a union was necessary either.

But Gunfyter I would never work for SWA because I don't believe in pay for training... Gotta draw a line somewhere and stand your ground...
Besides, they work to @amn, Da@n, Dam@, much!

See you on the road..........

Cliff

Last edited:
Yo Cliff.

Cliff,

Sorry buddy, but you just hit a chord. Exactly who, along with SWA, do you think led the industry in PFT??? They even preceded Comair, which has the dubious distinction of introducing PFT to all of the commuters! The only reason you don't know about this is because everybody with a DOH before about 1999 at your lovely company would LOVE for you to not know this! Don't even preach from your pulpit!

EJMpilots, hate to say it bud, but the other poster is correct. The only way you'll make a change is to vote with your feet. H.R. use to tell me ALL THE TIME, "you don't like it, leave". So I did.

You know those work rules you have now that "aren't enough"? Those came about after January of 1999, which happened to be when myself and one or two other people you've never heard of, left. They never thought we'd leave, let alone to go where we went. We had no work rules. We'd take what they gave us, and like it!

Podster will never, ever let you unionize. You describe this group that is working on this. You ever stop and realize what you have in common? How about being unemployable anywhere else? Why do you think they love Army Helo guys??? Perfect example is old H.R. his own self. Would you hire him? The others on this board may not not know the real story, but a few of us do. You took a short-cut to a jet job, and now you want what the better guy has. I am telling you right now, there is absolutely nothing standing between you and the unemployment line if word gets out you are serious about this. You think I am just blowing dust? Ask the REAL reason all of those guys went to EJI. Ask about Frobreg and the gang.

I am all for a guy getting better than he expected, but listen to me... you have no idea. You are by NO means coming up with an original idea. It's been talked about, discussed, and hashed over. Podster would rather see it fold than for that to happen. Remember, he has a running job offer in N.J. (as if he really needs a job), what about you?

Hate to break it to you, but it's reality slapping you in the face. EJA would love loving more than to have EJM without a single pilot, or airplane, and the beautiful new hangar as a new(non-union) MX shop! Please, please listen to me. I have been down that road. The very best deal we could imagine in the old days was a staple ti EJA's list with a fence! Why do you think they want you to call their local? Imagine now, when even more cards are being dealt fron THEIR deck?

What do I have to gain? What do the guys making your life heck have to gain? Listen to the unbiased source.

JayDub

JAYBUD- I hate to say it bud, but I didn't pay for my training the company paid for my training and guess what I didn't even have to sign a training contract. I've been with EJA now for 3 years and like I said in my other post I wouldn't pay for training! Guys that pay for training are playing their part time employee card- waiting for a major airline job.

When I was hired if you had 5ooo hours the company paid for your training. I would not be here if I had to pay for training.. Pay for training is a slap in the face to every professional pilot in the world. Know one should apply to a pay for training company EJA included and I mean any company including SWA. Comair etc...

Pilots lower the pay scales by applying to pay for training companys. EJA pays for your training now, have been for the last 16 month's or so...

Jaybud don't bad mouth Army Rotary-wing pilots they are better trained than you could ever hope of being.. Most Army pilots are also fixed-wing pilots.. Prehaps one day I will alow you to carry a warriors flight bag to his aircraft..

EJMPILOTS go for the UNION thing, don't run away from it like the others have.....

Getting a little rilled there, aren't you pardner?

I had to get the ALO block colored-in, so I did some joint-service time with the Army; great bunch of guys, even if they do spend too much time in tents. They fight with soldiers so in the Army it's people that are important; in the Air Force it's airplanes and in the Navy, it's boats.

I think you got your statement backwards, thought, that most Army helicopter pilot's are also Army fixed-wing pilots. It would be right to say that all Army fixed-wing pilots are helicopter pilots, but I'm pretty sure that the reverse isn't true. The numbers wouldn't work for one thing, the Army has about 6,000 helicopters and about 300 airplanes. See, I paid attention during indoctrination. One of the green suiters I worked with told me that in the Army it was easier to get a battalion command than a fixed-wing transition.

Carry on, warrior...

Cliff, you said...

"When I was hired if you had 5ooo hours the company paid for your training. I would not be here if I had to pay for training. Pay for training is a slap in the face to every professional pilot in the world. Know one should apply to a pay for training company EJA included and I mean any company including SWA. Comair etc.

Pilots lower the pay scales by applying to pay for training companys. EJA pays for your training now, have been for the last 16 month's or so... "

So, basically you are saying any company that participates in this is wrong... unless they don't make you do it. Then they are just hunky dory??? Whatever.

You are totally speculating about my training, first off. You have no idea the training I have or have not had, so you can't make a qualified judgment.

Secondly, the training the army provides may be the absolute best in the world. All I am saying is, I have never heard of a single airline that actively recruits Army pilots. In fact, it is quite rare to see a pilot with Army experience only at any quality operation.

Also, I am speaking of the situation specifically at EJM, again something you have absolutely no clue about. EJM has a habit of putting people in management positions that have motivation to be loyal. Specifically an ex-Army guy that didn't get a fixed wing transition through the Army, who couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag, IMHO.

Lastly, my post is a warning not to throw their lot in with EJA's union. If they were so lovely, why is 90% of the maintenance they have done, that isn't done on the road, done by the non-union EJM mechanics? Ever visited Cincinnati? Last I knew, EJM mechanics out numbered EJA mechanics based in CMH, and there isn't a darn thing the union either can or will do about it. Yet EJA pilots would then have access to all the advantages of EJM, while yet again merely throwing bones to EJM's pilots. Not exactly an ideal situation.

All in all Cliff, you are having a Cliff Claven moment. You are espousing on subjects of which you have no clue. Believe me, you can't draw a single relevant conclusion about EJM based on experience with EJA.

Other than that, I wish you all much luck in your contract negotiations. The industry needs you to lead in pay, for once. Fly safe.

JayDub

JayDub said:

In fact, it is quite rare to see a pilot with Army experience only at any quality operation.

JayDub

With that sort of attitude I'd stay away from Phillip Morris, Proctor and Gamble, and Bristol-Myers-Squibb, just to name a few, their Aviation Managers and Chief pilots might be offended.

You know the last time I went into Andrews AFB, the Army had a G-V, a G-IV, a couple of G-III's, a Learjet and a bunch of Citations on their ramp as I taxied by. I'd say that's probably pretty good training for somebody. I read in AWS&T that they are getting another GV and the Citation contract has been extended to 65 jets.

In interoperability assignments, I've flown with everybody but the Marines. I think they all are a bunch of pro's.

Last edited:
EJM Aircraft

I just returned from Puerta Vallarta where I saw an EJM DC G-III on the ramp; N395EJ. It looked good with the EJM paint scheme. I didn't know you guys had any Gulfstreams on your ticket. Do you manage any other large cabin aircraft?

Latest resources

Back