Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SquirrelDog

ADF User
Looking for any information on the EJM interview process. Also posted on the corporate thread!

Thanks,

SD

SquirrelDog,
I worked for EJM from 1999 thru 2004. I spent the good part of the day with the Director of Operations and the Chief Pilot, met several people that were handling the airplane I was going to be on. They asked about my background and to give a few scenarios of "what would you do if". Nothing out of the ordinary as far interviews go, they were all very nice and I really enjoyed the day. That was a while ago, so I'm not sure what the process is today, but that was my experience. Hope it helps and good luck !

NJIGuy

SquirrelDog,
I worked for EJM from 1999 thru 2004. I spent the good part of the day with the Director of Operations and the Chief Pilot, met several people that were handling the airplane I was going to be on. They asked about my background and to give a few scenarios of "what would you do if". Nothing out of the ordinary as far interviews go, they were all very nice and I really enjoyed the day. That was a while ago, so I'm not sure what the process is today, but that was my experience. Hope it helps and good luck !

NJIGuy

Did they give you your EJM hire date on the VSL?

Because you mentioned having been at EJM and getting hired there might open additional future job opportunities for Squirrel.

I'll take that as a NO.

Since you brought it up...

Did they give you your EJM hire date on the VSL?

This appears to be a touchy subject to some, but I will try to clarify. All NJA/NJI hires coming over from EJM are assigned their number on the VSL according to their NJA/NJI hire date only. Seniority at EJM is not considered with regard to the VSL.

And yet, some NJI guys were assigned VSL numbers based on their DOH at NJA or EJM. That's why the list is still in flux. My seniority actually dropped three numbers on the last revision because of it. Just sayin'

And yet, some NJI guys were assigned VSL numbers based on their DOH at NJA or EJM.

Most, if not all, of these instances should have already been addressed and appropriately challenged so that the correct DOH is reflected on the VSL. Ie: NJA to NJI transferes should show their NJI DOH on the VSL, while EJM to NJI/NJA should show their NJI/NJA DOH as well. If there are still outstanding cases that need to be challenged, then (as an NJI guy) I suggest that you communicate the information to NJASAP (through GPAC I would guess). The most important thing here is that the integration is handled fairly on both sides. Cheers.

Latest resources

Back