• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eja

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Executive Jet Aviation of Columbus, Ohio. The first and largest fractional operator with about 300 aircraft and 1600 pilots. It's owned by Berkshire-Hathaway, which is operated by Warren Buffet. Think he's second to Bill Gates on the personal wealth scale.

unfortunately its the only thing people talk about here

Executive Jet Aviation aka Netjets

Fractional company based in Columbus, OH where before Sep 11 no one wanted to work and now 20,000 hr guys are waiting 7 months to interview.

Well, don't know about stuff about nobody wanting to work there before Sept 11. Believe there were about 1200 names on the senority list then. Surely, some of them wanted to be there!

cletislj04,

Try www.netjets.com to see the EJA's website, equipment operated and mission statement.

Flydog,

I think your comment is totally misleading and ineffectual. It is very true that 7 months ago there were less people knocking down the door to get into EJA. That goes for every air carrier that is hiring right now!

However, there were still many people who wanted to get into EJA pre 9-11; myself being one of them. As an individual who had flown with the airlines for a few years (AMR Eagle & Midway) I was ready to get back to my roots and EJA offered the best of both worlds: corporate environment with 'airline type' flying where training isn't sacrificed. I applied to EJA before the demise of Midway and now I'm extremely happy to be here and don't plan on leaving. I’m still in my early 20’s and will probably have the opportunity for a major but seriously doubt I will pursue such a route if we[EJA] stays on track for a solid and fulfilling future.

Regards

9-11 or not...

Myself, along with MANY other pilots applied pre 9-11 to EJA because we could see the success it was seeing, and it sounded like a great place to work. When I interviewed there were many high time pilots there because they wanted to be, not just because they needed a job. It is a matter of what you prefer in a job, like has been said its good we don't all want the same job. EJA is the first of its kind and word is getting out. The future job for a lot of up and coming pilots is going to be in the fractional industry, 10 years ago it wasn't that way. Its good to see some growth somewhere in an industry that has hit yet another BUMP in the road.

Latest resources

Back