EJA and Guard/Reserves

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

backflip

Are there any Guard/Reserve guys/gals out there that fly for EJA? If so, how do they work with you and your guard/reserve job?

Thanks.

I am pretty new to the company(since Oct)and I just got off active duty and am still looking for a Guard/Reserve unit but from what I learned in Indoc-you provide crew scheduling with your drill dates and you are not scheduled to work those days.
The only change from the airlines as I understand it is with most airlines they will just take the days you go to drill off the schedule-whether it is an off day or a work day--the way EJA does it is to schedule you around your drill days-so in effect you still work the same amout of days each month for EJA-unless of course it was longer than the average drill weekend-such as a month long deployment etc. So the extra pay from drill is actually extra pay.
Clear as Mud?:confused:

Hope I've helped.
Fly Safe
Chuck

It is no problem getting the time off for drills and other training. All you have to do is tell your scheduler when you need the time off. They will even give you a travel day on either side, if you need it. As far it counting against your duty days, that is up to you as well. I work a full 17 day schedule and go to drill.

The other problem is if your unit spends any time out in the field like mine did, (8 out of 12 weekends) don't plan on seeing your family to much during the month. 17 days away from home with EJA and tack another couple days with the guard, well you get the picture. I ended up getting out because of this. Best of luck.

It is no problem getting the time off for drills and other training. All you have to do is tell your scheduler when you need the time off. They will even give you a travel day on either side, if you need it. As far it counting against your duty days, that is up to you as well. I work a full 17 day schedule and go to drill.

And they're Kosher with that?

Latest resources

Back