• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EG&G Job, Company Info, Area 51

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=89381&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=567517&highlight=

From FOUR YEARS AGO, it was sold.

URS To Acquire EG&G For $500 MillionCombines Nation's Largest Engineering and Design Firm with a Leading Provider of Outsourced Technical Solutions to the U.S. Government

San Francisco, CA - July 17, 2002 – URS Corporation (NYSE: URS), the nation's largest engineering and design firm, today announced that it has agreed to acquire EG&G Technical Services (EG&G), a leading provider of outsourced engineering, technology and operations management services to the U.S. government, in a transaction valued at $500 million. EG&G is currently owned by affiliates of The Carlyle Group and includes the operations of Lear Siegler Services, Inc. It has approximately $850 million in annual revenues, principally related to multi-year federal government contracts, and more than 10,000 employees.

edit: oops my mistake, one deal fell through but it looks like you were right. no doubt they still have financial interest though but are not direct owners. my point still stands, you have a solid company who takes advantage of corporate welfare

Last edited:
Area 51

Big Al, 414flyer, I believe infiniti757 was looking for information in relationship to employment for himself or somebody he knows. As far as the Carlyle group and EG&G, does that really matter to the original thread poster. You two cats could take this thread to the moon if you want to, but it does no one a great service who is looking for information.

No offense, but you should read your threads from a different prospective.

Best Regards:)

So now you have to change horses and switch it from the Evil Carlyle group, to corporate welfare. Well you have the leftist cliche book handy, thats for sure.

Anyways, I see this job being pretty hard to get unless prior military. TSI/SSBI clearances are not just something you get out of a serial box. Some civilians will have had such clearances I am sure, that work for defense contractors, but its not going to be a job you just show and apply for without possessing such clearances already.

It would be interesting at first, but probably get boring quick.

Last edited:
what am I chaning? i was pointing out getting a paycheck from a wellknown politically connected and benefiter of corporate welfare is probably the main reason why people take the job. is that so hard to understand?

Im sure it would get boring, but many people who take these jobs are probably closer to retirement and glad to get a solid paycheck from a profitable company with enough connections to not be in danger anytime soon.

janis flight

Infiniti757
If you go to the furloughed page, there is a couple of pages on the Janet flight operation, 1st page. Maybe you can find what you are looking for.

:cartman:

Latest resources

Back