Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bssthound

Enormous Member
Any of y'all gonna be at the Ellington Wings over Houston Airshow this weekend? Looks like I'll be among the cast of thousands on the WC-130J "WhisperPig."

Storm Season

Isn't this the peak of storm season? shouldn't you be in crew rest or something?

Isn't this the peak of storm season? shouldn't you be in crew rest or something?

Aw, jeez, another AFRC HQ guy who doesn't understand "the complexities of the storm mission!"

Hound,
I went last year, and looked for you. If I recall, you weren't on that trip.
I'd been a number of times in years past, and last year was the lamest, WRT to the after-show parties, social scene, etc...
BTW, JW just left here for good: he's separated from active duty AF, and has found "other employment".

I'd been a number of times in years past, and last year was the lamest

Not surprised. I was most recently there in '98 and had a MFin' blast!! I'm not a bit surprised that the experience has "eroded."

JW just left here for good: he's separated from active duty AF, and has found "other employment."

What a truly original and unique human. He couldn't have found a more understanding or tolerant spouse either. Of course, a multilingual concert pianist who, to top it off, is named for "Dandy Don" is a bit unique in her own right!!

I've no doubt that his departure will leave a void. What a great guy.

They've got enough Navs, but they just sent out the desparate email "We need pilots for taaaaaaskings! Please help". Taskings other than airshows, I mean.

Bsst - please employ the claw...and watch out for "..little crutcillis.."

In a related question - shouldn't you be working and making life difficult for us Sq folks?

shouldn't you be working and making life difficult for us Sq folks?

Did you magically go to the Sqdn today? No "little crutcillis" but other things to be frightened of.

How's the airshow going, Hound? Was the Friday night aircrew welcome any good this time? How about any Sat night social stuff? Let me guess: it stayed in the main tent at EFD, and not many folks were there.

I checked my mil email the other day and it only had 6 messages in my inbox that smelled of the fox.

Have they been keeping you so busy that you no longer have the time to entertain us or have your co-workers finally started to obey security procedures?

Who was that guy on Johnny Carson who'd hold the envelope up to his head and spout the answer to the question within? I'm beginning to think he flew U-2's, also!! Fri night was very civil. No carrier landings, deceased insects, and definitely no shark attacks though there were certainly a few attendees who warranted such attention. Sat nite stayed in the tent, but I had the highlight of my year. I hung out with the QF-4 demo team. Definitely a Phantom Phlashback for me; check out their video:

http://www.airshowbuzz.com/videos/view.php?v=eeabb63b

Very cool warbird stuff. B-17, B-24, P-47, P-51s,
F-4U Corsair, along with Tora! Tora! Tora! raisin' he11 with their 14 TA-6 "zeroes." Huge bomb blasts; ain't a good airshow without kids cryin' and dogs barkin'!

I really like the Heritage flight with the F-15E, F-4, and P-47 flying formation. The two fine McDonnell Douglas products look like they'd appreciate a few more knots, though.

Latest resources

Back