• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EFB's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WXWorx makes a bluetooth XM receiver. We just purchased one but I have not had the chance yet to get it all hooked up and try it. Bought it from Flightprep.com for $719.99. A bit pricey but it has a very small antenna with a thin cord. You can place the unit under your seat and run the antenna to a window. One downside is that it needs a power source to plug into.

Our Provider and Avionics shop said the blue tooth did not work well with electric windshields.

Our weather receiver is bluetooth. We just installed an external antenna. Prior to that reception was about 80% or so.

We use the WxWorx bluetooth antenna in our 900EX. Its in the passenger cabin with the antenna next to a passenger window. 100% coverage.

GMX 200

Fast & reliable. I use an E-Flybook for back up. It has its own battery, so even if I had an extremely bad day and lost both gens, I can power off the GMX 200 and use the E-Fly book for an approach. The E-Fly book is incredibly slow though.

If I could do it different, I probably would have put in dual GMX 200's. The GMX 200 displays everything, weather, radar, nexrad, enroute charts (for reference only, not for navigation), approach charts (both as an overlay or normal), TCAS, Enhanced GPWS, and winds aloft. It just can't do any two things at once. I think it would be quite handy if I could display the aircraft's weather radar at the same time I'm displaying an approach plate.

Ohh...forgot the negative...the charts come from Jeppesen and Jepp can't figure out how to make their software compatible with Vista.

Best thing I found when I researched it a few months ago was from AirGator. Best display, processor, durability.

Latest resources

Back