Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jrav8tor

Moonlighting!
Anyone care to share their experience with using EFB's (electronic flight bags) with JeppView FliteDeck for instrument approaches?

Looking for the good, the bad, the ugly, as well as any recommendations!

Thanks in advance!

jr

well...

I dont think most use them for approaches...
Most print out all the plates they need before the flight and have the EFB in case of an unplanned diversion, emergency, etc...in lieu of carrying and revising 20 Jepp books.

Its really a backup. No big deal if you had to, it has a good display...and really....with a decent FMS - the plate itself is not AS critical as one may think...it does not need to be in your face, just for a briefing and a reference..

We also keep Jeppview on laptops onboard at a workstation in back. If we ever had an unplanned stop requested, we could go back and print them out quick.

I have never had to use it.

hope that helps

At Options we use Fujistu (sp?) fpr all of our approaches. The only problems they aren't real bright during the day. The have there have pros and cons. I like them a lot better than paper. Updates are easier and quicker.

they make great stocking stuffers.. shameless self promotion.

Thanks for replies.

Thanks for the replies so far. I assumed most people used them for approaches. Seems as an expensive backup, but I don't fly a Falcon either, at least not yet!

Seems like there are many options out there. What should one specifically look for when purchasing one?

Thanks again!

JR

I use JeppView and FliteDeck primarily for my approaches. I have paper backups for my regular stops. I usually tend to stow the EFB during the enroute phase unless it is new territory.
I too have the same problem as the other guy that the display is not real bright during the day. Annoying, but manageable. There are a couple of units out there that have more friendly displays for daytime viewing.

Latest resources

Back