Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UpNDownGuy

Hi all-

First, to any FedEx pilot, thanks much for the many, many JS' s you folks have given me. You are always gracious and accommodating, and you are all welcome on JetBlue anytime.

Now, the point of my post. JetBlue is transitioning to the Jepp EFB you folks have used for some time. I think it's a great system, and much better than paper charts, but my one concern is ball notes on the enroute portion. Specifically, where to find the correct frequency for those FIR's that need advance notice of your arrival.

I used the EFB and looked up an intersection I was familiar with that has several ball notes of that sort. I found the note easily enough, but the communication section simply listed every possible frequency for that ATC facility. Is there some way to determine which of the 15 frequencies listed is the correct one? You fly all over the world with this system, so obviously I'm doing something wrong. I've been through the very limited training available several times, but I can't find anything that addresses this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know of any way to figure out which comm frequency to use in a given location enroute. Are you using FD Pro on an iPad?

I have found that Jepp has been very responsive to suggestions for improvement of their product. Perhaps B6 could make that suggestion and see where it goes...

All in all it's a great product.

Thanks fr8doggie. Yes, we are using FD Pro on an Ipad. I have since found out it is only certain FIR boundaries that don't provide the correct freq. On some they do. Very inconsistent.

Latest resources

Back