Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jobear

Titanium Necked Bandit
Electronic Data Systems is looking for a pilot anyone have an idea on pay,qol, equipment, and type of trips?

Jobear

I know someone who know's someone who works there so take this for what it's worth.

I think their pay & QOL is pretty standard for a corporation of that size. They are moving to an all G-whiz fleet I THINK but I can't say for sure. They do quite a bit of Intl flying and I've seen their airplanes in London more than once. I talked to their Chief Pilot once by chance and he seemed nice enough but also pushing retirement as are a few others there so this may be a good time to get in. I'm pretty sure that someone on this board is a pilot there so maybe he'll help you out a little.

Again, this is third hand knowledge so I could be completely wrong.

THIS IS FROM THEIR WEBSITE.

JOB DESCRIPTION:31010 - PILOT: UNDER GENERAL DIRECTION, RESPONSIBLE FOR SAFE AND EFFICIENT CREWING OF EDS AIRCRAFT. PERFORMS PRE-FLIGHT INSPECTION TO ENSURE ALL FLIGHT SYSTEMS, GAUGES AND FUEL MIXTURES ARE IN PROPER ORDER. FILES FLIGHT PLAN WITH FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION (FAA) HIGHLIGHTING WEATHER CONDITIONS AND TRIP ITINERARIES. ADDITIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE ARRANGING THE CABIN WITH FLIGHT AMENITIES, SECURING AIRCRAFT AT FOREIGN AIRFIELDS AND PARTICIPATING IN TRAINING SEMINARS AND SPECIAL PROJECTS.

JOB ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:31010 - PILOT: ABILITY TO TAKE OFF AND LAND A PLANE. ABILITY TO READ NAVIGATIONAL CHART. ABILITY TO OPERATE A PLANE IN FLIGHT. ABILITY TO PERFORM SAFETY CHECKS.

POSITION PREREQUISITES:HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT. FAA AIRLINE TRANSPORT CERTIFICATE WITH MULTI- ENGINE RATING. MINIMUM FOUR YEARS AVIATION EXPERIENCE AS PILOT OF WHICH AT LEAST TWO YEARS WERE BUSINESS OR CORPORATE RELATED. MINIMUM 2000 HOURS FLIGHT TIME OF WHICH 1000 HOURS WERE AS PILOT IN COMMAND. TRANSITIONAL EQUIPMENT EXPERIENCE, I.E., MULTI-ENGINE, TURBO- PROP OR MULIT-ENGINE TURBO-JET AS PILOT IN COMMAND. MINIMUM 2ND CLASS MEDICAL.

Anyone know what kind of equipment they run?

where are they located?

The add said the base was McKinney,TX just north of Dallas

Anyone know if the position was filled? It appears to be off the website now, just wasted a bunch of time cleaning up the resume.

where are they located?

They fly out of KTKI, which is Mckinney TX. I was looking at them last year and they had a couple Gulfstreams, a Challenger, and one helicopter. I spoke with their most recently hired pilot and he was flying the Challenger, if I remember correctly. His opinion at the time was their next pilot would probably be dual rated in fixed-wing and rotorcraft. He is on this board, but I can't remember what his screen name was. Best of luck to everyone.

Just a fyi, Texas Instruments also has a flight department based at that airport. I believe they operate 2 GLEX's.

Latest resources

Back