• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

EDICs

your_dreamguy

Total Time
Can someone tell me what EDICs are or go into detail. I have some idea but I'm not entirely sure.

MaceyHold

Total Time
your_dreamguy said:
Can someone tell me what EDICs are or go into detail. I have some idea but I'm not entirely sure.

Do you mean EDCT's? Expected Departure Clearance Time...Expected "wheels in the well" time from the departure airport in order to meter traffic into the destination airport.

If the destination airport arrival rate is, say, 80, and the number of flights expected during one hour is 100, then EDCT's are issued so that no more than 80 aircraft arrive during that hour. This pushes the extra flights into the next hour, creating a ripple effect. This is why ground delay programs usually run for several hours.

Last edited:

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
For a first hand look at one, just file a flightplan to ATL arriving around 5:OOpm.

And for a bit of serious info, the EDCT is good for 5 minutes prior to 5 minutes after the given time (ie a 10 minute window of opportunity so to speak). Don't be late for it. :nuts:

GravityHater

Total Time
Hey outa curiosity, do most airports have a max flow that dependst on the weather?>
Like if its really down ,the 100 per hour when its visual goes down to 60 perhours?
Just wondering.

Bluto

Total Time
>4000
Why can't PHX figure out how to run one of these? If I have to hold over PRC for 20 minutes on a clear and a million day one more time......