Eclipse mentoring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

oldxfr8dog

I've e-mailed and called (to a voicemail) Eclipse regading their mentor program. No replies.
Anybody have any info? Is this the usual response? How much is the type? What is a mentor charging?
Sounds like an interesting part-time job, but I'd like specifics.
Pros? Cons?

I've e-mailed and called (to a voicemail) Eclipse regading their mentor program. No replies.
Anybody have any info? Is this the usual response? How much is the type? What is a mentor charging?
Sounds like an interesting part-time job, but I'd like specifics.
Pros? Cons?

An acquaintance of mine that is a retired Delta 777 Captain and is slated to take delivery of around serial number 115 has been told, "we have more qualified candidates..."

Good luck...

When I talked to them at NBAA they told me they had something north of 600 applications. The first group of twelve have been selected of which 5 have gone through ground school but not completed flight training awaiting a sim. They indicated more could be selected by year end or early '07 and that they are trying to be geographic about it. They aren't the greatest communicators about what's going on.

An acquaintance of mine that is a retired Delta 777 Captain and is slated to take delivery of around serial number 115 has been told, "we have more qualified candidates..."

Good luck...
Thanks, if that's the case, I will need luck!
(dang those astronauts!:rolleyes: )

I didn't mean to sound like an a$$, and that's exactly what I thought. Heck, my friend is even buying one of them and can't get in as a mentor.
You didn't sound like an a$$. At least to me, but then, I'm a little slow...:)
I've been around the patch a couple of times and I know there are many guys better than, "yours truly" out there. They don't require a 121 DC-9 and DC-8 check airman. OK. At least tell me, "No thanks, we'll call you, take a flying leap... etc" That would be polite. Nothing...
Maybe they're just really busy...

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the "mentors" are required to be CFIs/MEIs?? If they are there in an "instructor" capacity I would assume they would have to be, but we all know what happens when we assume...

Just curious.

Dru

Latest resources

Back