Eclipse Jet lands gear-up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
minitour said:
Is that really following the checklist, or is it just going through the motions?

-mini

I say again...80+ duty hours in 4 days...I don't do much but go through the motions after my FIRST 20-hour duty day :(

BoilerUP said:
ALBUQUERQUE (AP) - Eclipse Aviation says pilot error caused one of its test jet airplanes to make a belly landing at Albuquerque's international airport. The Albuquerque-based company says there were no mechanical or electrical problems that caused the airplane to touch down Saturday with its landing gear retracted. Company president Vern Raburn says the airplane will fly again. Eclipse has five test jet airplanes. The company is developing the Eclipse 500 -- a twin-engine, six-seat airplane. Raburn has said the company wants to achieve Federal Aviation Administration certification next year. Eclipse plans to sell the airplanes for about $1.3 million each.

So....did they taxi clear or what? :)

There was no Gear Horn or EGPWS installed yet (test aircraft).

Like someone said, remember the Bombardier crew in ICT. Let's be thankful no one was hurt. They are testing a brand new airplane.

I am interested on the number of ERAU grads/students that have geared up, if anyone has that stat.

Sad to hear it, I've been following both Eclipse and Adam A/C lately. Glad to hear everybody made it through. I'm a low time guy, but one of my mentors (that I work with) when I was getting my PPL had a gear up landing... He was a CFII-ME giving dual when it happened. They'd been practicing go arounds when they came in for real. Forgot about the gear and scraped her in. His student started crying (!), but everybody was ok. The CFI is a VERY meticulous person, so the lesson to me was it can happen to anybody.

Beechjetr said:
I am interested on the number of ERAU grads/students that have geared up, if anyone has that stat.
What the hell does it matter ?

The constant aviation university bashing is childish, regardless of whether its deserved or not.

Beechjetr said:
Certainly not bashing, just curiosity. You will never find a bigger fan of Aviation Univeristies than me.
I'm sure just as many ERAU grads have geared up as UND grads, and just as many as strictly FBO people.

gkrangers, take a chill pill. They were just asking a question. Deal with it, we poke fun at people sometimes, and you just have to live with it and take one or two for the team. Its ok to lay back and enjoy a flight sometimes.

WizardPilot said:
gkrangers, take a chill pill. They were just asking a question. Deal with it, we poke fun at people sometimes, and you just have to live with it and take one or two for the team. Its ok to lay back and enjoy a flight sometimes.
Yeah, I know. But with the constant bashing, that post didn't sound like a question to me.

But your right, I just have to live with the generalizations.

haha, I think we all do buddy. I was this close to going to be a flight academy dood too. But then I went to the mormon town university BYU, so I get it for that all the time. Now, we just need to learn to dish it out...

Latest resources

Back