ec130b4 vibration?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mxflyer

Encoutered a mild vibration at 6500ft in a shallow desent when approaching about 130kias. Any chance this vib was a indication of retreating blade stall? Vne is 165. If not what are your thoughts on where the vib came from.

Encoutered a mild vibration at 6500ft in a shallow desent when approaching about 130kias. Any chance this vib was a indication of retreating blade stall? Vne is 165. If not what are your thoughts on where the vib came from.

Sell that French bird and buy American. :rolleyes:

Fenestron tail on that one?

Vibration

I don't think it would be RBS because you are still 30k prior to VNE. I would think it would be a trim tab on the rotor blade. (If it has them). I'm not familiar with the aircraft, but in other helicopters with tabs on rotor blades, the blades are tracked for cruise usually using the tabs. If you put it into a slight decent and gain speed above cruise, then you get out of the speed range that it was tracked for.

do over

RBS is highly unlikely, being so soundly within the operating envelope I would look to either the blade(s) itself as suggested previously with the tab recommendation, but also you might do another flight to check your let down.

Track and balance could be it, though I would have though you might have experienced it prior, unless something has loosened up or there was recent maintenance and your ride has been compromised.

Latest resources

Back