Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Timebuilder

Entrepreneur
Some of you may have some info on this outfit.

Do they own any aircraft, or are they simply a service broker to 135 operators?

When they quote a price to a client, does that price include a gratuity which is supposed to go to the pilots?

They dont own any aircraft. They claim they have access to over 1500 jet aircraft. They award trips to the lowest bidder. Does that help? Also they like to exaggerate the capabilities of their "aircraft" to their clients.

Actually they do have 135 certificate and they own a few Hawkers they use to fill in when they can't broker a trip. Last I heard they were trying to sell the Hawkers. They broker over 90% of their trips to other 135 operators. Out of all the 135 brokers they are probably the most reputable and one of the few that actually have a 135 certificate. They only charge for one-way legs so it makes them a little cheaper than traditional charter. Their hourly occupied cost is about 50% higher but you only pay for the one leg and no repositioning costs

Neither did I.

Do they tell their clients that a pilot gratuity is included in the price, or do they tell their clients that no gratuities are to be paid?

I dont think they tell them anything but I have never been tipped by an EBiz client. They are usually people that cant afford traditional charter, younger with children and usually fill the airplane with more people.

Then again its rare that we see tips from any charter passenger.

I have only personally done one or two trips for them. I did get an envelope full of free stuff though which was nice. One thing in particular was a shoe shiner that worked pretty **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** well, anyone know what that stuff is you are wiping alll over your shoes?
Anyway, some of the other guys I work with have done trips for them and their biggest gripes are:
overloading the a/c with people and crap, nothing illegal, just uncomfortable as heck.
work you like a dog, very long days or nights, hopefully not both!

It's funny how we have similar, yet sometime differing experiences.

No ebiz client has tipped me either, but my best tip came from a guy who was flying his three small children up to their summer camp in Maine.

Here's why I'm asking about this. We had a great flight, had a single fresh rose waiting in the plane for the two ladies in the family, two major Sunday papers from Chicago on board with the catering for the return trip, and waited on this family hand and foot. They had a great time, they said.

As the Dad, a guy in his sixties and apparently VERY well off, was about to exit the plane, he asked me what I call the "ebiz question". "Is this a plane operated by ebiz, do you guys work for them?" My boss has specified to all of us that since this is technically true, i.e., for this flight, we have to say "yes" when asked this.

Dad stepped off the plane following this two day trip, and gave the captain.....a hearty handshake.

So, I'm wondering if he asked the question because he belived that our company would pass along some gratuity that he believes had been included in the price, just as some restauraunts do with a "party of nine or more, 15% gratutiy will be added" or something similar.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
The reason he asked was they know EBiz brokers out trips.

When customers find someone they like they want to skip the middleman get the milk straight from the cow. EBiz has about a 30% profit margin on their hourly occupied cost and customers always try to find a way to bypass EBiz and save themselves some money. For example they probably sell Lear 55s for $2100 hr and buy the time for $1800 hr or less.

Thats why EBiz prohibits their charter companies from handing out their business cards, etc. They even provide their own crew cards for the trips in their little packet of goodies so you dont hand out your own cards.

All brokers know that their clients can go straight to the charter company after the first trip so they try to keep that info from the client. In reality brokers offer no value or benefit so without this veil of secrecy they would have no business

We have provided our charter services to Ebizjet on several occasions. I have received tips from some passengers. They can make for a long day, sometimes up to 14 hours. They are always shopping for the best price, which is to be expected, and may call you off of a return leg and put you on another charter instead. You are at their disposal and it isn't uncommon to get the call at two in the morning to fill in for another charter operator. They are very coordinated when it comes to the catering and other client comforts and they always ask if the crew needs a meal which is very helpful(unless the client only eats Tofu, which has happened). Some of their clients can be a pain, but the majority are really nice. The majority are high profile sports figures i.e. Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, Charles Barkley.

Latest resources

Back