Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Raskal

big member, little pay
Recently surprised to hear (sounds like this may have happened a while ago) that Eaton closed down satellite bases, specifically Battle Creek, and let go of the crews...weren't they there for over 20 years?

Just curious if any new developments-are all aircraft still operating?

Good luck to all, I hope things continue without further cuts while everyone tries to get through this.

Hmmm... we had dinner last night with a member of Eaton's management team (rides in the back of the plane) and were told they were upgrading aircraft.

Don't know about aircraft, heard they got a couple CL300s.

I did hear about the closing at Battle Creek, and a layoff of 7 pilots, 2 mechanics, and a dispatcher from more than 1 CLE area operator.

BTL and PIT are still open. We did lose 7 pilots, 2 mechanics, and a dispatcher on Jan 20th. The fact that our 4 Lear 45xr's and soon to be 2 CL300's are all under warranty was a huge factor. I hate to think what would have happened had we still had our older airplanes flying out of warranty. We were supposed to fly 4,000 hours this year and when the economy tanked that number went down to 3,000 hours. We had hired to cover all the extra flying before the economy went downhill.

BTL and PIT are still open. We did lose 7 pilots, 2 mechanics, and a dispatcher on Jan 20th. The fact that our 4 Lear 45xr's and soon to be 2 CL300's are all under warranty was a huge factor. I hate to think what would have happened had we still had our older airplanes flying out of warranty. We were supposed to fly 4,000 hours this year and when the economy tanked that number went down to 3,000 hours. We had hired to cover all the extra flying before the economy went downhill.

So the base is still operating-I guess that's some good news, it's too bad about the layoffs-good luck.

On to better things...

I hear that Netjets or Corporate Wings is due to take over the load if another drop in flying occurs... Better keep that resume hot...

Latest resources

Back