Eat at Wendy's, fly for free = sad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cargoflyr69 said:
Just go in and ask to speak with the 16 year old pimple-faced manager... Introduce yourself, flash a $10 bill, ask to "purchase" a sleeve of cups with a "wink", place the bill in his hand. Now spend the next afternoon cutting up paper cups with your trusty fiskars. Works like a charm and none of that gooey coke residue either!

Now that's funny.

What's even funnier is that instead of just having the flip-flop wearing, backpack toting, iPod/XBox, Me me me generation filling our seats, now we're gonna add artery-clogged, blood-sugar crashing, fat bodies to that equation.

Awesome. "Hey MX, can you send out a whole crate of seatbelt extensions? Thanks!"

What's wrong with flip-flops and iPods? The flip-flop, aka "rubbah slippah" is considered formal wear here in Hawaii. As for iPods, I know some cranky, old, carved-out-of stone pilots that use 'em too. :)

I never expected this thread would needs a cats & coffee warning. Some funny stuff posted!

Do you think there is a "flow-thu" agreement between Wendys and Airtran?

This is the reason this industry is going down. Everyone b*tchin about pay rates etc, and you all wonder why. Glorified bus drivers and mechs nothing more. It is bad when its cheaper to fly then to take Greyhound. Ghetto Air, I can see the writing on the wrappers now!
relief tube said:
God this industry's getting embarassing. Some in the airline management field need to realize that if you actaully charge a respectable fare, people are still going to buy it. What's next, go to Walmart and buy 10 things made in China, fly free from Baltimore to Orlando?

From Usatoday.com's "today in the sky"

Would you like a free airline ticket with your Wendy's combo meal?
Just a few credits short of a free ticket on AirTran Airways? That's nothing a trip to Wendy's can't take care of. The fast-food restaurant has teamed up with the carrier on a promotion that offers AirTran frequent-flier members one-fourth of a flight credit for every purchase of a combo with drink, or any 20- or 32-ounce drink at participating Wendy's restaurants. For those of you already starting to crunch the numbers in your head, here's how the math breaks down: AirTran offers a free one-way ticket for 8 flight credits, so buying 32 eligible drinks is enough to net you 8 flight credits — or enough for a free one-way ticket. Buy 64 drinks, and you get a free round-trip flight. There is, however, a limit of five drinks per transaction. The details on how to convert the drinks into flights are available on the airline's website, but here's how it works: "Participating" Wendy's will have specially marked combo, 20- and 30-ounce drinks that have a proof of purchase/AirTran flight coupon printed on the cup. Customers must collect those and send them in to the airline, along with a 3x5 notecard containing their contact information and AirTran frequent-flier numbers. Members will receive one flight credit for every four drink coupons, but no single member can redeem more than 128 drink coupons (good for 32 flight credits). AirTran officials tell me the promotion is being offered at more than 3,200 Wendy's across the USA, though some markets are not included. The offer runs through Dec. 31, or while supplies last.Posted 7 a.m. ET

cargoflyr69 said:
Just go in and ask to speak with the 16 year old pimple-faced manager... Introduce yourself, flash a $10 bill, ask to "purchase" a sleeve of cups with a "wink", place the bill in his hand. Now spend the next afternoon cutting up paper cups with your trusty fiskars. Works like a charm and none of that gooey coke residue either!

ROTFLMAO:laugh:

relief tube said:
Eat at Wendy's, fly for free = sad
They don't get to fly for free, they get to ride in the back for free.:nuts:

All I want to know is how many times do I have to fly on a LCC to to qualify for a free burger from Wendy's? Now 'that' would be some good marketing!
Would paying outrageously low prices for airline tickets affect the employees of Wendy's?

Last edited:
Wow, 112.00 is the winning bid so far for 64 Wendy's cups. Why pay for the cups when you can stop by any local Wendy's dumpster and fly for free? Now even the local town bum can afford to fly!

Way2Broke said:
Wow, 112.00 is the winning bid so far for 64 Wendy's cups.
and 5 hours yet to go. must be hard to find a bargain on ebay if a .99 cent cup is selling for $2.

cargoflyr69 said:
that's brilliant! i'll try it, and if it works i'll let you guys know which store.

Latest resources

Back