• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

East/West split up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
US East guys should be fortunate that Dougy bought them otherwise USE would have gone Ch. 7 and the East guys would all of hit the street.

Splitting US Air would make sense if the people at the top and the shareholders would get a bunch of damn money from doing it. I know Dougy Parker says he wants to merge and keep the company together but come on......if someone offers his a$$ a few tens of millions of bucks he'll blow his wad on a selloff like a 14 year old on prom night, as will every shareholder.

Always remember, there is what management says, and what they do. I laugh my a$$ off every time I commute on American and read Arpey's column in the American Way magazine, seeing him talk about respecting and loving employees. HAAA!! I worked at AMR for 9 short months, and it took me about 9 minutes to come to the realization that there is no management team that cares less about employees or customers than AMR's. Most airline managment is the same way. They can spew out lots of happy leprachaun gumdrop dancing bull$hit, but at the end of the day, it's all about money and they will cut your head off and crap down your neck if it means putting one extra nickel on the bottom line.

That being said, US Air isn't merging with anybody in its current state. Nobody wants to take on that epic storm of poo slinging. Splitting up the two sides and selling them off makes a lot more sense if you're looking to make some quick money. The West side integration would go fine, the Easties would cause problems no matter where they would go. JB getting the west would make perfect sense for their route network, equipment type, and it would solve the problem of getting bigger iron on property so they can start going deeper into South America, which they've had a hardon for for a while now. As far as the east goes, I don't think Alaska, or anybody for that matter, would want to deal with the head-slamming-on-the-wall headache that is USAPA, even though it would be a huge increase in revenue and route structure.

Therein also lies the question, if JB were to merge with the west, what would happen to all the regional feed? JB relies on a superior product to generate customers. Converting the AWA busses and 757's wouldn't be a big deal, but what about the RJ's? How pissed off would you be as a customer if you bought a ticket expecting free TV, legroom, and snacks, and you ended up on a piece of $hit 20 year old CRJ with you own a$$ in your face and half a can of Coke? Probably pissed enough to stop flying Jetblue.

Lots of questions to be answered, but not out of the realm of possibility, IMO.

Splitting US Air would make sense if the people at the top and the shareholders would get a bunch of damn money from doing it. ...Splitting up the two sides and selling them off makes a lot more sense if you're looking to make some quick money. ...JB getting the west would make perfect sense for their route network, equipment type, and it would solve the problem of getting bigger iron on property so they can start going deeper into South America, which they've had a hardon for for a while now.

The west is going to Republic, they get what they deserve.
The profit center of Airways is going to the highest bidder.

The west is going to Republic, they get what they deserve.
The profit center of Airways is going to the highest bidder.

How could anyone fail to see that the only people that could possibly come up with such a rumor would be those angry USAPIANS. Spinning off those evil west folks to Republic! (as if they could do such a transaction).
The fact still remains, that if this little USAPA fantasy were to actually happen the legal problems in dealing with the web that USAPA has spun would be insurmountable. Taking on USAir East would drag down any other airline out there. Nobody would want to deal with it.
Do you really think management is planning this and somehow they would be sharing it with their good buddies in USAPA?

Dan

Not trying to flame you - but you should worry about your HNL - LAX flying - you really have no clue what is going on at US - if we didn't have USAPA - we would all be junior to the entire west list!
Now go ahead and shoot back!

Metro jet

So you are saying that the nic award put all the west guys ahead of all the east guys, your words.
Sounds like USAPA has got you guys believing all kinds of fantasies!

BTW don't get on a public forum for people from all airlines and not expect different opinions. I know a lot more about the situation than you may realize.

I should add I don't "hate" USAir. I have a lot of friends there on both sides and it's just sad what has happened to them. It use to be one of the best jobs in the industry.
If it weren't for the USAPA situation they could be rebuilding it. As it stands now, nothing is going to change till they somehow pull together, which probably stands less of a chance than republicans and democrats working together for the good of the country.

Dan

Not trying to flame you - but you should worry about your HNL - LAX flying - you really have no clue what is going on at US - if we didn't have USAPA - we would all be junior to the entire west list!
Now go ahead and shoot back!

Metro jet
A more correct version of reality is this: Without America West YOU ALL would have been unemployed...not just the 1879 guys you had on furlough at the time of the merger ALL OF YOU.

Nic. is a blended list which I'm certain you're aware of. So you can stop lying by omission. USAPA was the single largest mistake of your career, (except accepting recall to that Sh*thole). The sooner you realize DOH is completely lost, and USAPA/Seham has stolen 10s of millions of dues dollars and cost your group HUNDREDS of MILLIONS in lost pay and work rules, the sooner maybe life can improve for you. Until then, You'll be choking on LOA93. Regardless of what Kasher comes up with, LOA93 won't be going anywhere and you can bet your career on the fact that the company will find a way to delay paying you a dime for years and years to come. Assuming the company loses, which NOBODY thinks is going to happen except the USAPA faithful.

Latest resources

Back