• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Easiest airplane to land?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Barons and 400 series cessnas always landed very nicely in my experience. It's difficult to get consistent greasers in the WSCoD. Excessive force is required for x-winds due to the retarded ram-horn yoke, unless you put the right amount of aileron trim in.

I think the one that pissed me off the most to land was the Seneca II. I flew several hundred hours in those planes and I never got very consistent results. It made it easier to use less flaps but I would still plop it in occasionally, no matter how hard I tried. I may just suck though, I can accept that.

Alchemy said:
Barons and 400 series cessnas always landed very nicely in my experience. It's difficult to get consistent greasers in the WSCoD. Excessive force is required for x-winds due to the retarded ram-horn yoke, unless you put the right amount of aileron trim in.

What's that?

WSCoD = Whistling Sh*t Can of Death aka EMB-145 series.

I agree, the seneca take some serious arm strength to land properly....very nose heavy in the flare. Copious amounts of elevator trim are need for smooth landings.....an electric trim switch on the yoke helps with that one.

Anyone ever landed a Embraer 135-145? what is that like?
I heard these fly similar to MD-80s.....if so, i would imagine challenging.

Cessna 310 was always a greezer. Those big tip tanks would really help you hold it off in the flare. Panther Navajo was the same way with the winglets.

The hardest would have to be the carrier landings on that "Top Gun" game for nintendo.

YourPilotFriend said:
The hardest would have to be the carrier landings on that "Top Gun" game for nintendo.

Laugh, that game prepared me for banner towing on July 4th!!
(and i was good at nintendo carrier landings)

CE

VW Pilot said:
Anyone ever landed a Embraer 135-145? what is that like?
I heard these fly similar to MD-80s.....if so, i would imagine challenging.

Not too bad....they have trailing link gear so it is possible to pull greasers in them. Generally, the heaveier the airplane the easier it is to land. The ERJ lands more easily at 40,000+ lbs than it does down in the Mid to low 30,000 lb range. Not much of a flare in it....you slow to ref over the fence, pitch up 2 or 3 degrees and pull the power to idle right as the mains touchdown. Then you deploy the buckets, catch the nose and hold it off for 3 or 4 seconds before hitting the brakes.

Like I said, it takes a bit of arm strength for crosswind correction due to the design of the yoke. The smoothest landings for me come with a 5-10 knot crosswind and max gross landing weight.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back