Easiest airplane to land?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crizz said:
No matter how good or bad the landing, passengers always compliment on the way out of the Avro.

Or maybe that was just me?

I used to jumpseat on a weekly basis on Air Wisconsin (Bae146) and I would agree that no matter how bad the setup it always sat down nicely.

my nephew made a perfect wheel landing in my Maule when he was 2 1/2...but then he's probably just tremendously talented, 'cause the insurance companies say it's hard to fly ;)

Fly safe!

David

Longhorn winged Lears are pretty darned easy to land, stabilize the app at ref and five, ease off the power at 30 feet and she'll land herself.

OTS

avbug said:
Out of gas, blown engine, bad hair day

Or maybe even asleep, the 301 or 401 Air Tractor has got to be The most easy and satisfying conventional gear airplane to operate on or off the ground. Was to me anyway.

MauleSkinner my nephew made a perfect wheel landing in my Maule when he was 2 1/2...but then he's probably just tremendously talented, 'cause the insurance companies say it's hard to fly ;)

Both of my kid's were doing unattended takeoffs and landings in my M4 in there early teens. My daughter caused the most stress because she had to push the pedals with her tip toes and she did the best landings of the two. I'll never forget the day she figured out that I wasn't on the controls with her. She screamed "DAD" and let go of everything.

Navy planes

Any Navy training airplane, because you don't have to figure out how to flare in the landing, you just drive it into the runway. The DA-20 kinda fits into that category, very easy to land for first time jet piltos. I find the B-17 one the hardest to land.

Last edited:
727gm said:
Varga Kachina - light, tricycle gear,with a stick

Affectionately known as the "Vargina", to those in the know.

RightPedal said:
Both of my kid's were doing unattended takeoffs and landings in my M4 in there early teens. My daughter caused the most stress because she had to push the pedals with her tip toes and she did the best landings of the two. I'll never forget the day she figured out that I wasn't on the controls with her. She screamed "DAD" and let go of everything.
Hmmm...you don't suppose the insurance companies are wrong about it, do you? ;)

Fly safe!

David

Avro

AVR-146 absolutely! Drop her in and still get "that was greatest landing ever!" from all the pax... or as said before, maybe it was just me :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back