Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ease of frequent flier points on Southwest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Scaramunga

I was just wondering if anyone has had any trouble with blackout dates for your frequent flier points on Southwest. Besides the holidays are they pretty easy to use on other times of the year?

Thanks!

I haven't tried to cash in yet, but I have heard that Southwest has the fewest blackout dates around and that util recently they had no blackout dates. Good luck and let us know if you do run into any problems.

In Jan, I cashed a bunch of Amex points and transferred them over to the SWA account, which I then used to get tickets for April. It was really easy to do.

The Southwest blackout dates should be on the website and when you reach your 16 credits they just send you a ticket good for one year and it will have a list of the blackout dates.

Only time I have even SEEN a black out date was when I tried to book my return from vacation on Memorial day this year. Darn. Means I have to stay in FL one extra day. LOL

Thanks for all the feedback. I've been accumulating points on Continental for the past year, only to discover the points are never meant to be used apparently...unless you want to go to Grand Forks in January or someother exotic stop.

No Blackout Dates and Seat Restrictions on Award Travel

Beginning February 10, 2006, all Awards issued will have no systemwide blackout dates and will be subject to seat restrictions. Restricting the number of seats for Awards helps us maintain our low-fare leadership and keeps the program lucrative for you.
Please plan ahead when making your flight reservations as certain holiday or peak travel periods will be in high demand and your desired flight may not be available for Award travel.

Latest resources

Back