• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Earthjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another VLJ? (very light jet). Add that to Eclipse 500, the Adam A700, the citation mustang, atg javelin (sweet!), and the honda jet, to name a few.

This MIGHT reduce some flying with the regular carriers. Lots of problems though. No lavatory on the Eclipse, for example. Not so great range, so short hops only (no coast to coast). And you better like satellite airports.

Oh, and who's gonna fly these for 30k per year when the regionals are falling all over themselves to hire pilots?

Don't cabbies own their own cars and look at them. They work like dogs and smell like cabbage. Seriously, this is a bad idea!

Another VLJ? (very light jet). Add that to Eclipse 500, the Adam A700, the citation mustang, atg javelin (sweet!), and the honda jet, to name a few.

This MIGHT reduce some flying with the regular carriers. Lots of problems though. No lavatory on the Eclipse, for example. Not so great range, so short hops only (no coast to coast). And you better like satellite airports.

Oh, and who's gonna fly these for 30k per year when the regionals are falling all over themselves to hire pilots?

The point-point stuff is after a different demographic than regular carriers, so you are right to imply that there will be little impact on regular carriers.

I think there will be plenty of people willing to fly for 30K per year, especially since the routes most likely keep you closer to home and live in base. Granted, you have to WANT to live in the base first. Regardless, if its between that or flying freight for less pay, I think there will be relatively low-timers lined up around the corner for the job. The only problem is the insurance rates and hour requirments have to go down before these carriers can bring the pay down (which will attract the lower time pilots).

I researched some more. The Earthjet is a conglomeration of aerospace firms producing a single aircraft that is purpose built for light-jet air-taxi "rugged" operations. The company Earthjet will franchise the aircraft to owner/operators through financing and the owner/operators will fly based upon the scheduling needs sent down the supply chain, charging a set rate based on miles (kind of like zoning for ground-freight charges). Earthjet is paired with another company "BusinessJetSeats" which already has an infrastructure in place for a common chain of single-type aircraft and their corresponding owner/operators.

The thing is legit, and with pretty talented leadership. I guess it might appeal to some pilots who would like to own and operate their own aircraft, but you will be at the whim of the 135 regs and the demands of the mother company (Earthjet). Too bad you have to be a pilot to be an owner/operator though. I think it would be nice if you could own a handful and hire your own pilots. But I may have missed that point on the website.

Latest resources

Back