Eagles loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RidddleRat

I've heard that AMR is going to sell off the Caribbean portion of Eagle. Does anybody know what percetange of their revenue come from this sector?

I'm just wondering if they are going to be a normal sized regional afterword.

Executive (which is currently part of AMR Eagle) used to operate only out of San Juan, Puerto Rico to points in the Caribbean. It operated ATRs only. However, earlier this year, AMR corp. decided to take the Miami hub and its ATRs and integrate it into the Executive operation. AMR said that they were doing this primarily because of their fleet commonality - put all ATR's into one division. I think most of us smelled a rat lurking somewhere.

We were right.

To answer you question - 2002 Stats through August:

Passenger Miles:
System: 2,733,986
AE: 2,456,037 (89.8%)
EX: 277,948 (10.2%)

Seat Miles:
System: 4,280,561
AE: 3,843,849 (89.8%)
EX: 436,712 (10.2%)

Passengers Boarded:
System: 9,360,627
AE: 8,112,137 (86.7%)
EX: 1,248,490 (13.3%)

So, basically, Executive makes up about 10% of our total miles and about 13% of our total pax. Therefore, after the spin off (if it happens), we will be about 10% to 12% smaller than we are now.

For a "regional" airline, we'll still be huge

;)

Eagle hiring in January?

Any of you know if the rummors are true about Eagle starting to hire as early as January?
I was told Eagle had sent about 150 recalls, but they had only received 25 replies. The others had already gone elsewhere. With such a low turnout, Eagle was expecting to start hiring as early as January!!!!
Can anyone PLEEZE confirm or deny this?
Thanks!

i believe they got around 70 people back online of the furloughs. There are still quite a few on furlough, dont plan on any hiring soon, but what do i know? good luck

Eagle hiring?? How does that happen I thought they where in loads of trouble with AMR and AA pilots being on the streets still?

Eagle hiring

Riddle and others-

I know things are tight in the aviation industry and so we pilots are all looking for work anywhere we can find it, but make no mistake, Eagle won't be hiring for quite some time. Whoever gave you those numbers (25 came back) is incorrect. Roughly 70 have returned and the last confirmed number was around 105 for attempted recalls. Some have resigned, some have deferred, some have come back. There were over 300 furloughed and at that same percentage (~70%) of furloughees actually returning, that means roughly 210 total, subtract ~70 and you're left with 140 pilots who will be recalled prior to any hiring taking place. Factor in the deferred ones possibly returning too and the total still remaining is more realistically around 170. With the AA scope clause, grievances, ALPA fighting itself, etc ad nauseum, ~170 is considerable. Last week's rumor was that they could train 10-20 per month if things improve considerably by the beginning of next year. Do the math. Even in the best case scenario, they'd train ~50/month (pre-9/11 rates) resulting in a need for new pilots around May of next year. That's unfortunately quite unlikely.

My suggestion is to look elsewhere. Skywest is hiring as are a few others. Take care, God bless and best of luck to you.

Net-work now, you never know!

Part of the reason AMR is selling my former employer, Executive, is to get around the scpoe clause and add more jets at AMR Eagle.

I spoke to a recruiter friend of mine at the DC job fair and there is still talk of an RJ base at RDU and additional flying for Eagle. However, at present AMR has given 12 RJs to the "American Connection" due to scope issues.

Even though things don't look like there will be hiring at Eagle, rules can change and the training machine could kick in to high gear.

Consider sending in your resume and updating every so often to show some interest.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back