Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

The_Russian

Low Level Pilot
My buddy is looking for a new job. How is Eagle? He is 21 and can't upgrade yet. So, would it be a good place to sit for now? I heard it is pick your base and equipment. Is that true? He wants MIA.

Upgrade is at the very least 4 years away; however, he can choose miami, and will get it. tell him to hurry up i need more people under me in miami.

My buddy is looking for a new job. How is Eagle? He is 21 and can't upgrade yet. So, would it be a good place to sit for now? I heard it is pick your base and equipment. Is that true? He wants MIA.

I you live in Base and dont commute, Eagle is a great place to work. Good people to fly, good equipment, good QOL, good bennies and good job security. What else could you ask for? maybe more money, but that seems to be an issue everywhere. :rolleyes:

Only problem with AEalge is upgrade time. Everything else is on par or better than most regionals. Hiring (trying to) like crazy and get the base you want before you start class. Benefits are pretty great and 40 CA a month will be heading back to AA starting in June.

Only problem with AEalge is upgrade time. Everything else is on par or better than most regionals. Hiring (trying to) like crazy and get the base you want before you start class. Benefits are pretty great and 40 CA a month will be heading back to AA starting in June.

Yeah Upgrade time is a problem if you want to upgrade withing a Year. Most places you have to wait atleast 2 years. Secondly upgrade doesnt guarantee you a job with a Major. Secondly if your Buddy wants to Live in MIA then Eagle is the only regional that operates out of MIA. Next time you bump into a Capt that is based at eagle ask him how long he has been there? I bet quite a few have been there for quite a while, and why? b/c I am more than positive that none of them want to move from MIA or commute. Ask alot of the Captains that have been at eagle for quite a few years as to why they are still there and not a Major. Easy answer, QOL.
If you're single and dont mind living out a crash pad for a few years then go ahead and go to a regional that currently offers a decent upgrade time. But as you know, everything changes. 8 yea upgrade can turn into a 2 year upgrade and a 2 year upgrade could turn into a 8 year.

Eagle is a great place to work. You can choose your base, not your equipment, if you choose DFW, MIA, LAX, SJU, you will be flying a prop, everywhere else you will be on the EMB, in ORD it could also be the CRJ, new hires are looking at a 3-4 year upgrade on the jet, and about 3 years on the prop, many will try and tell you different, but we are upgrading about 45 a month, and we had a 28 month hiring freeze, so when the last guy from 2001 upgrades the upgrade time will go down two and a half years over night, not to mention all the flowbies will be gone within a year, and normal attrition. Eagle just started a career placement program helping to place senior CAs with other majors or cargo companies(trying to chop off the top heavy senority list). Equipment is new, hold a line in most places right out of training, lots of days off, never been junior manned, needed two weekends off in June for weddings, just asked the chief pilot yesterday, and he told me no problem.

Eagle is a great place to work. You can choose your base, not your equipment, if you choose DFW, MIA, LAX, SJU, you will be flying a prop, everywhere else you will be on the EMB, in ORD it could also be the CRJ, new hires are looking at a 3-4 year upgrade on the jet, and about 3 years on the prop, many will try and tell you different, but we are upgrading about 45 a month, and we had a 28 month hiring freeze, so when the last guy from 2001 upgrades the upgrade time will go down two and a half years over night, not to mention all the flowbies will be gone within a year, and normal attrition. Eagle just started a career placement program helping to place senior CAs with other majors or cargo companies(trying to chop off the top heavy senority list). Equipment is new, hold a line in most places right out of training, lots of days off, never been junior manned, needed two weekends off in June for weddings, just asked the chief pilot yesterday, and he told me no problem.

DAM N STRAIGHT!!! Now that's a post with some motivation for ya.

Upgrade is at the very least 4 years away; however, he can choose miami, and will get it. tell him to hurry up i need more people under me in miami.

Why? You can have a million people under you but that does not move you UP. Only people senior to you moving out of your way moves you UP. If you are bidding #100, you will still be bidding #100 if they add a million people below you.

too young for upgrade? Send him to amflight. By the time he or she is 23, they will have 1000+ plus hrs pic in a 99 and a metro.

Why? You can have a million people under you but that does not move you UP. Only people senior to you moving out of your way moves you UP. If you are bidding #100, you will still be bidding #100 if they add a million people below you.
Yes, but when you are on reserve, the more people below you the better your QOL.

Latest resources

Back