• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is Eagle still doing that insane NASA type physical?

The reason I ask is I have a 1st class, but have a SODA for my color vision.

Do they take guys with FAA waivers or are applicants held to higher "Eagle" standards? Can they even do that, btw?

Cant speak definatively but I heard its just a hearing test and pee in the cup now. Gotta love those AE all day physicals though... I am surprised it did not include the fickle finger of fate!

How about we see if he can pass a SIC ride and get a couple thousand hours of 121 time before we worry about an upgrade.

PVDs

Eagle is a great place to work. You can choose your base, not your equipment, if you choose DFW, MIA, LAX, SJU, you will be flying a prop, everywhere else you will be on the EMB, in ORD it could also be the CRJ, new hires are looking at a 3-4 year upgrade on the jet, and about 3 years on the prop, many will try and tell you different, but we are upgrading about 45 a month, and we had a 28 month hiring freeze, so when the last guy from 2001 upgrades the upgrade time will go down two and a half years over night, not to mention all the flowbies will be gone within a year, and normal attrition. Eagle just started a career placement program helping to place senior CAs with other majors or cargo companies(trying to chop off the top heavy senority list). Equipment is new, hold a line in most places right out of training, lots of days off, never been junior manned, needed two weekends off in June for weddings, just asked the chief pilot yesterday, and he told me no problem.

Man every time I pull tricks like that they tell me to come back AFTER the bid closes.... I hope he sticks to his word.

As for Eagle, I've been there almost 3 years now. The pay is on par with a lot of regionals...
The good:
Good equipment, holding a line is a great thing, Driving to work!
The Bad:
RSV sucks, There are a lot of crabby old CAs around, you need to make up your own mind whether your gonna love it or hate it, Lots of flying.

new hires are looking at a 3-4 year upgrade on the jet, and about 3 years on the prop, many will try and tell you different, but we are upgrading about 45 a month, and we had a 28 month hiring freeze, so when the last guy from 2001 upgrades the upgrade time will go down two and a half years over night, not to mention all the flowbies will be gone within a year, and normal attrition. Eagle just started a career placement program helping to place senior CAs with other majors or cargo companies(trying to chop off the top heavy senority list).

Same thing people have been saying for years. With no new aircraft ordered, only the couple hundred flow backs right now open left seats. 3-4 years to the jet? You do realize that it's 7-8 just to sit reserve on a prop. Quite a few were hired between 99-01. I was.

Same thing people have been saying for years. With no new aircraft ordered, only the couple hundred flow backs right now open left seats. 3-4 years to the jet? You do realize that it's 7-8 just to sit reserve on a prop. Quite a few were hired between 99-01. I was.
Are you forgetting the 28 month hiring freeze, when the last guy from 01 upgrades the time to the left seat will decrease two and a half years over night. Add in the 300 flowbies leaving, and normal attrition. It will be there, the numbers dont lie. I feel bad if you were a 2000, or 2001 hire and had to wait so long for an upgrade, but that does not mean that the trend will continue for the new guys, and I know how many were hired between 99-01, and I also no that the new vacancy bid should put the CA position somewhere between June and July of 2000.

the new vacancy bid should put the CA position somewhere between June and July of 2000.

You assume the upgrades will be linear. Historically, a lot of pilots have waited until they can hold a line before upgrading. After I was awarded captain, I couldn't hold it on later bids. It goes up and down.

I do hope things turn around for Eagle.

Latest resources

Back