Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dhc8ap

This question is for all you eaglets out there. With the rapid hiring, how is upgrade looking? Has it come down any? What would be realistic for the end of the year if you had to guess. I know this question has been posed before but since you guys are hiring like mad I wondered if there was any top movement.

Latest American Eagle Bid Results:

Date of Hire is Most Junior for seat/aircraft!

LAX CAPTAIN SAAB - 8/9/99
DFW CAPTAIN SAAB - 4/5/99
SJU CAPTAIN ATR - 10/12/98
MIA CAPTAIN ATR - 2/2/98
LGA CAPTAIN EMJ - 1/5/98
ORD CAPTAIN EMJ - 12/15/97
DFW CAPTAIN EMJ - 12/01/97
ORD CAPTAIN CJ70 - 10/06/97

It is finally starting to come down!

No top movement. But allot of bottem and middle movement. Senior FO's and prop CA's leaving. Upagrade? well I think year end, 4 years to prop and under 6 to jet. this is based on my projected movment per bid. If you look at the last 4 years you will see a 20 jet CA vacancie bid, usualy moves down 30-40 numbers. Seat locks could drive the time to jet CA down. The last bid had some awarded prop CA less then 100 numbers from jet CA. They will be seatlocked in the prop for 14 months. there were allot next year that may fall into this catagory.

Wow, a lot of eagle f/o's left to come to my company thinking they would upgrade fast. It looks like they would have been better staying.

Hey Eagle guys,

I've got an interview next month. I've been at Piedmont for 3+ years and am looking for one thing-more job security and a job as far away from UAIR as I can get.

My question is: Is AMR still trying to sell the SJU operation? I've got no problem paying my dues in SJU BUT I'd hate to leave PDT, end up in SJU and then sold to some local businessmen and never get to bid out of PR. Thoughts?

Thanks y'all.

PDTGIMP said:
My question is: Is AMR still trying to sell the SJU operation? I've got no problem paying my dues in SJU BUT I'd hate to leave PDT, end up in SJU and then sold to some local businessmen and never get to bid out of PR. Thoughts?

How old are you? If you're over 30 there is very little chance you'll have to go to SJU.

I Hate Freight!

BlackCoffee said:
Wow, a lot of eagle f/o's left to come to my company thinking they would upgrade fast. It looks like they would have been better staying.
Like I always told everyone, the ONLY thing certain if you leave one regional carrier to go to another, is you WILL start at the bottom of the list.

Where do you work, anyway?

LAXSaabdude.

New hire info...

Question: Training Class? (3-16-04) How many pilots were in the new training class on Monday and do you know where they will be based?

Response: Following is the break down of where the 24 new hires will be based.
2 DFW Saab
2 LAX Saab
7 SJU ATR
5 LGA EMB
4 DFW EMB
4 ORD CRJ

How do they determine seniority and assignments within a class?

Latest resources

Back