Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet_Driver

"There I was...."
So, the monthly vacancy bid came out and there were 79 Captain positions open. In my 3 years as an FO here, I've never seen a bid this large for captains. They were for all bases, but the most stagaring was 27 ORD EMJ CA positions.

Things could be looking up at Eagle. Upgrades are no longer going to take the newhire 7 years. Now's the time to come in if you are in the market for a regional job.

So, the monthly vacancy bid came out and there were 79 Captain positions open. In my 3 years as an FO here, I've never seen a bid this large for captains. They were for all bases, but the most stagaring was 27 ORD EMJ CA positions.

Things could be looking up at Eagle. Upgrades are no longer going to take the newhire 7 years. Now's the time to come in if you are in the market for a regional job.

What? 79 guys makes the difference between 9 years and 5 years?

What? 79 guys makes the difference between 9 years and 5 years?

It does when you see consistent high number captain vacancies like we've been seeing. last year we were lucky to see 5 captain vacaincies each month (all year). This year is quite different. And with many senior FOs leaving to places like CA and Jet Blow, it makes a difference.

back when I was at Eagle (99') bids were always 30-50 CA slots. month after month.... untill 9-11

It does when you see consistent high number captain vacancies like we've been seeing. last year we were lucky to see 5 captain vacaincies each month (all year). This year is quite different. And with many senior FOs leaving to places like CA and Jet Blow, it makes a difference.

note the koolaid page states the last two were an anomaly and to expect 20/month for the rest of the year.

doesn't matter, you DFW pukes are taking our ORD CRJ's! Shame on you former ORD driver..... :)

note the koolaid page states the last two were an anomaly and to expect 20/month for the rest of the year.

doesn't matter, you DFW pukes are taking our ORD CRJ's! Shame on you former ORD driver..... :)
I thought that the CRJs never left maintence???

well at least se taxi procedures aren't needing to be rewritten like the jungle jet......:)
We solved the problem, just stock pile hydraulic pumps and we are good to go!

Latest resources

Back