• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle union politics and Contract 2013

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck on this one! Reps are there for one reason....themselves.
Look around at all the other MEC reps out there. They're there to make life better for themselves and the top of the seniority list.
They don't know how to act like anything other than a politician. When they go to all their "training" sessions at ALPO HQ's, they're trained to act like politicians.

And you are there for...............yourself? Move out of your glass house!

Look around at all the other MEC reps out there. They're there to make life better for themselves and the top of the seniority list.
They don't know how to act like anything other than a politician.

In a Democracy, the people get the government they deserve - Alexis de Tocqueville

If your reps aren't doing the job, then why don't you replace them? If there are no other suitable candidates, why not run yourself?

If your reps aren't doing the job, then why don't you replace them? If there are no other suitable candidates, why not run yourself?

Because I'm too busy working a 4th job, so I can pay for the lazy POS's health care....You know, because that President ALPO endorsed got elected.

Because I'm too busy working a 4th job, so I can pay for the lazy POS's health care....You know, because that President ALPO endorsed got elected.

Great news! I hear the new health care plan has an excellent "Anger Management" program. It includes heavily sound proofed rooms for whiners too, so don't worry about the noise. See ya' when ya' get out!

Great news! I hear the new health care plan has an excellent "Anger Management" program. It includes heavily sound proofed rooms for whiners too, so don't worry about the noise. See ya' when ya' get out!

I'm already out! Got sick and tired of sitting next to slacked jawed Nancys like you who accept the abuse.

I'm already out! Got sick and tired of sitting next to slacked jawed Nancys like you who accept the abuse.

It appears it didn't take. Next time your cycle through the program may be under court order, not simply voluntary......or was it not voluntary this time?

Back on topic, how do you think the civil war going on in our union will affect the outcome of our contract negotiations beginning on 2013? Please explain your reasoning.

Don't worry about arguing with him. He jerks off to anti-ALPA signs. Just go through Flightinfo and read his past posts. 90% of them are off topic and anti-ALPA. Draw your own conclusions.

Don't worry about arguing with him. He jerks off to anti-ALPA signs. Just go through Flightinfo and read his past posts. 90% of them are off topic and anti-ALPA. Draw your own conclusions.

LOL. Thanks for the tip. I can understand how many pilots are frustrated, angry and fearful about the direction of the airline industry after the past few decades. What I don't understand is why they don't understand that tearing down their own pilot group will hurt them even worse. It's like burning down one's own house because they frustrated about finding a better job.

Last edited:
Back on topic, how do you think the civil war going on in our union will affect the outcome of our contract negotiations beginning on 2013? Please explain your reasoning.
As long as ALPA is "representing" the regionals and majors together, the war will never end.
As long as ALPA is representing every regional flying the same equipment for different pay rates, the war will never end.

Sorry if I can see through all the smoke that they blow, and don't accept their excuses as to why the profession is getting worse.
They have been fighting time and duty for the last 50 yrs. Nothing has been done. After the BUF Colgan crash we were told it was going to be signed, sealed and delivered by 1-1-2010. Ok, so almost 4 months after that date, where is it?
Even after that crash, Prater in his ever so important seat on "CapHill" still can't pull the trigger.
But instead he has pushed through this new agreement about airplanes sitting on the ramp without a gate for "X" amount of hours.

Latest resources

Back