• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wooferdog

Hi all-

Is Eagle ok with Safety Pilot time?

I have 50 hours Multi PIC logged - 25 left seat under hood, 25 right seat as Safety Pilot.

Constructive responses appreciated.

Yes I got hired with 50 hours of PIC multi logged. Never even asked about it.
Any other questions feel free to PM me.

Hi all-

Is Eagle ok with Safety Pilot time?

I have 50 hours Multi PIC logged - 25 left seat under hood, 25 right seat as Safety Pilot.

Constructive responses appreciated.

"safety pilot"....sure the other guy was under the hood the whole time...Im calling BS. Would you want your family in the back of a jet with someone with your "extensive" experience?

"safety pilot"....sure the other guy was under the hood the whole time...Im calling BS. Would you want your family in the back of a jet with someone with your "extensive" experience?

Yeah....that 25 extra hours of multi time is really going to sharpen his skills to that of a 20,000 hour veteran. He should really wait. :rolleyes:

Yeah....that 25 extra hours of multi time is really going to sharpen his skills to that of a 20,000 hour veteran. He should really wait. :rolleyes:

Say the first 20 hours were training. That 25 extra hours takes him from 5 to 30 hours of real world experience in what is probably the most complex and fastest airplane he's flown. Thats an 600% increase in real world flying in multi-engine planes. So, yes, I would say it would indeed drastically sharpen his skills for a pilot of his experience.

on the other hand I have flown with some 20,000 hour veterans and they are scary at times as well

Let's face it, the multi requirement is just another box to check like the worthless Radio Operator permit and ATP written that has little to do with current 121 ops.
I flew a C210 with no autopilot all night with cowl flaps, retract gear, 160kts in all wx for a couple of months, but it only had one engine so it counted for squat. Yet some yahoo can rent an Apache and fly on perfect days and be more likely to get hired somewhere. It's all BS. So I say who cares about some safety pilot time anyway.

Latest resources

Back