I know what you did.
- Jun 23, 2005
- Total Time
Which one would you choose?
Swaayze said:Your Eagle FO was full of it. 10 years puts you left seat of either jet. In fact I think right now prop upgrades are at 6 years. Those hired today will be lucky to upgrade in 10 IMO.
Don't believe he said anything about left seat in there.Otto Coarsen said:- Hopes to "upgrade" to E145FO in the next couple months
BULL SHHHH, well you know. If this guy truly is an FO w/10 years, he's an idiot. I know plenty of 6yr CA, even some 7-8yr CRJ ORD CA.wntsouthwest said:talked to an eagle fo last week, he's been right seat for 10 yrs....
Then it's by choice. I haven't even been here 10 years, and I have been an RJ Capt. for 1 1/2 years now. Don't beleive everything people say.wntsouthwest said:talked to an eagle fo last week, he's been right seat for 10 yrs., and he said he will never upgrade...in the jet that is
Great Insight. Thanks Otto.Otto Coarsen said:My friend with roughly the same experience was hired at eagle the same time I was hired at Mesa.
Almost 2 years later these are the straight facts:
Him - FO in Miami on the ATR
- Making 20something an hour
- Has a nice schedule, off like 13-15 days a month
- can stay securely in Miami with no fear of displacement
- Hopes to "upgrade" to E145FO in the next couple months
- Has a "nice" uniform with a jacket and hat
- Has like 850 hours of Turbine SIC time
- Travels alot on days off, easy trip trades
- Is generally content, likes his job
- gets to drink beer pretty often
ME - CA in Denver on the DHC-8
- Making 41 an hour Should gross 48K this year
- 8 Days off reserve schedule / mixed line usually worth 80 hrs
- Sit ready reserve 5+ days a month
- Secure in Denver, but RJ guys get displaced regularly
- Can hold ERJ in MCO making 56 an hour / not interested
- Will probably get ORD CRJ capt by December
- Have 1000 Turbine PIC
- rarely get to drink beer
- Rarely travel for fun
- ugly unprofessional uniform
- Get harassed by Crew Tracking regularly
- Have had to fight to get paid properly
- Am going prematurely grey, possibly developing a stomach ulcer
- Becoming pretty negative and miserable
- Looking seriously at career advancement in the near future elsewhere
- Much more competitive than him on a resume
- Hated by Flightinfo.com types for working @ mesa
So, I guess look at the facts, decide which sucks less, and make an informed decision!