I know what you did.
- Jun 23, 2005
- Total Time
Which one would you choose?
Swaayze said:Your Eagle FO was full of it. 10 years puts you left seat of either jet. In fact I think right now prop upgrades are at 6 years. Those hired today will be lucky to upgrade in 10 IMO.
Otto Coarsen said:- Hopes to "upgrade" to E145FO in the next couple months
wntsouthwest said:talked to an eagle fo last week, he's been right seat for 10 yrs....
Then it's by choice. I haven't even been here 10 years, and I have been an RJ Capt. for 1 1/2 years now. Don't beleive everything people say.wntsouthwest said:talked to an eagle fo last week, he's been right seat for 10 yrs., and he said he will never upgrade...in the jet that is
Otto Coarsen said:My friend with roughly the same experience was hired at eagle the same time I was hired at Mesa.
Almost 2 years later these are the straight facts:
Him - FO in Miami on the ATR
- Making 20something an hour
- Has a nice schedule, off like 13-15 days a month
- can stay securely in Miami with no fear of displacement
- Hopes to "upgrade" to E145FO in the next couple months
- Has a "nice" uniform with a jacket and hat
- Has like 850 hours of Turbine SIC time
- Travels alot on days off, easy trip trades
- Is generally content, likes his job
- gets to drink beer pretty often
ME - CA in Denver on the DHC-8
- Making 41 an hour Should gross 48K this year
- 8 Days off reserve schedule / mixed line usually worth 80 hrs
- Sit ready reserve 5+ days a month
- Secure in Denver, but RJ guys get displaced regularly
- Can hold ERJ in MCO making 56 an hour / not interested
- Will probably get ORD CRJ capt by December
- Have 1000 Turbine PIC
- rarely get to drink beer
- Rarely travel for fun
- ugly unprofessional uniform
- Get harassed by Crew Tracking regularly
- Have had to fight to get paid properly
- Am going prematurely grey, possibly developing a stomach ulcer
- Becoming pretty negative and miserable
- Looking seriously at career advancement in the near future elsewhere
- Much more competitive than him on a resume
- Hated by Flightinfo.com types for working @ mesa
So, I guess look at the facts, decide which sucks less, and make an informed decision!