Eagle Medical Exam

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ERfly

Can anyone tell me about the medical exam at Eagle? What's involved and so forth....

Eye Test
Hearing Test
Computerized Coordination Test
Somekind of various computerized IQ tests
EKG
Bloodwork
Pee test
X-rays (believe it or not)
Grab your nutz and cough

All administered by a Nazi regime of nurses and thats about all I can remember.

Have fun!

Probably one of the most thorough exams I've had......

To noplanenogain's list I would also add the "snap of a rubber glove" and bloodpressures both sitting up and lying down (is there a difference??).

To noplanenogain's list I would also add the "snap of a rubber glove" and bloodpressures both sitting up and lying down (is there a difference??).

I heard if you could show no increase in blood pressure while the doc is shoving his fist up there, you are a shoe in.

Moon River....

If they find something insufficient do they send this information to the FAA or take your medical. I dont see how this would be a fair practice if you already hold a class 1 medical from an AME.

Who said AMR is fair? You must have inhaled while drinking the Kool Aid.

AMR physical

NoPlaneNoGain said:
All administered by a nazi regime of nurses and thats about all I can remember.
Dr. Mengele examined you, too? I took an AMR physical during my interview in 1990. I remember being given a colorblind test during the eye exam. I am not colorblind, but after taking that exam I was half convinced that I was.

Just as a question, I thought that AMR stopped giving physicals several years ago because of the ADA. I understand that for that reason it stopped asking your ancestors' medical history.

I don't believe that AMR or any medical care provider can release your records to the FAA or any third-party without your written consent. As of last April, the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act imposed new requirements on the release of medical records. I deal with this nearly every day at work. Medical care providers won't even speak with me as a third party unless I provide a signed, HIPAA-compliant release from a client.

bobbysamd,

I did the AMR medical in 2000, and was asked about my family's medical histories.

Ask for Nurse Becky Doom - no kidding thats her name. Yes they are Nazis there. I don't think they tell the FAA if there is a problem - unless you fail the drug test. However, they do make you go back to your FAA doc and get retested or get a letter explaining that you are OK. Overall, it wasn't a pleasant experience.

In addition to the hearing test, there is a eardrum pressurization test. A device is inserted and a machine pressurizes your ear canal to identify a perforated eardrum.

Chest X-Ray (no longer take a kidney X-ray (stones))
Blood pressure, both arms, prone and sitting
Cognitive test involving hand, vision and hearing coordination and accuracy
Urine
Blood (cholesterol, CBC). You must fast for 12? hours before the draw. They do this first, then order you to get food from the cafeteria.
EKG
Vision (same as AME)
Family history. Careful about what you disclose, high HP, diabetes, cancer, kidney stones, heart attack and stroke may require further investigation for employment.
You finish with a visit to the resident doctor. Knee reflexes, eye, ear, nose, throat, chest exams. Rectal is no longer done, I believe.

Have fun.

All for working for AMR

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back