Eagle Jumpseat Q?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DIAMONDDD

I haven't jumpseated on Eagle in a while so I have a question. On the EMBs, can you take a full load and a jumpseater? I have heard that you can't. Thanks.
DD

I think the answer is "it depends". Like most any RJ, if you are dispatched with an alternate, chances are good that you will be leaving jumpseaters behind.

Of course, the other factor is bags. Sometimes you go out with 50 people and very few bags with plenty of room for a jumpseater. Other times, 48 pax and 80 bags will strand a jumpseater.

Also, some airplanes have heavier BOW's than others. Your best bet is to roll the dice and ask for the ride, but not to be surprised if they can't take you.

Last edited:
I haven't jumpseated on Eagle in a while so I have a question. On the EMBs, can you take a full load and a jumpseater? I have heard that you can't. Thanks.
DD

usually no. you'll need good weather and perhaps the newer heavier modded airplanes.

if it is a CRJ at eagle then the answer is yes. never seen one denied on the airplane.

If it's in the Northeast then chances are it's an EMB-135 (37 seats). Do to the reduced passenger seating, it's fairly rare that we have to leave a JSer behind. And if we do, it will almost always be due to ZFW limits (lots of bags).

ORD and DFW have mainly 140s and 145s. About 1 in 5 are equipped with a heavy mod. They will carry a JS regardless. The rest I'd suggest looking around for kids and making sure there isn't a WX situation at your destination.

More often than not, we can't carry a JS in the JS.

The heavy mods were supposed to be half done last month and fully done by May. That hasn't happened.

Latest resources

Back