Eagle in trouble with FAA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Best. Comment. Ever.

Large aircraft absolutely must be properly loaded and balanced. The flight navigator spends much of his time pumping jet fuel from wing tanks or belly tanks to keep things in trim. An unbalanced aircraft is vulnerable to sudden shifts inwind direction, especially on final approach. A tail-heavy aircraft will bang its tailbone on the runway during take-off and also on landing.
Posted by:
GlacierCanyon2 Oct-1
M

Question:

Does AE use load planners/dispatchers for the w&b or do the pilots do the math themselves?

This appears to be an across the board increase in FAA scrutiny. I know PDT they are cracking down pretty hard on a number of items, especially manual revision status.

Be careful and cover your butt!

American Eagle is not in trouble they self disclose. Now the pilots on the other hand I don’t know
We don't do didly as far as weight and balance. rampers call bags to load agent, agent puts into computer, computer sends us an acars message with weights and cg to input into FMS. Oh I am on the CRJ 700. All of our planes use a common load program for specific aircraft that is sent via acars.

we have no control. Well just fuel input but that is it.

Latest resources

Back