• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LewisU_Pilot

Eagle to join in on Furloughs?

March 26, 2009

Fellow DFW Pilots,

It has come to our attention that a furlough of some of our fellow Eagle pilots may be imminent. At present we do not know how many pilots will be furloughed. We do know that management hopes to make a decision within the next few days. Recently, Eagle management indicated that they believe our airline is “over staffed” by as many as 130 pilots. We feel that for the first time in a long time, staffing levels are finally what they should be in the jets! ATR staffing in DFW continues to be a disaster!

Doug and I also question the financial responsibility of furloughing pilots, training replacements generated by a displacement bid, and the retraining of returning furloughed pilots! The cost of retraining these pilots and maintaining staffing levels must be explained, especially if additional ATRs and/or CRJs are to arrive on property.

Sadly, if your Eagle seniority finds you on the bottom 100, please prepare yourselves for possible furlough. It is our sincere hope that management’s actions won’t cut this deep. Although we don’t have many answers at this time, we felt it was incumbent on us to give you as much heads-up as possible. If you have any questions, please contact the MEC office or VJ or DG.

Last edited:
Eagle stopped hiring at least a year ago.

This possible furlough is a big surprise. The high amount of voluntary leaves should have been enough.

This will hurt all the way to the bottom 300 pilots though. I was hired before the end of 2004 there and they stopped hiring for another 18 months or so. In the first two years I worked I was on reserve the whole time and had one single day without a call. Sounds like management wants that same number flying again. Best of luck to the possible furloughees and those left to pick up the slack at the reserve level.

A good friend of mine at Eagle just called me with the news. This sucks. Good Luck to all

PSA recalling, now Eagle talking about furloughs. What is anyone to make of this industry?

Dunno, but had a j/s last week who was exactly 1 yr DOH this month and has been displaced DFW -> ORD -> JFK...and still a reservist there. On the ERJ...

Latest resources

Back