• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Eagle Furloughs in the future?

LewisU_Pilot

Total Time
Eagle to join in on Furloughs?

March 26, 2009

Fellow DFW Pilots,

It has come to our attention that a furlough of some of our fellow Eagle pilots may be imminent. At present we do not know how many pilots will be furloughed. We do know that management hopes to make a decision within the next few days. Recently, Eagle management indicated that they believe our airline is “over staffed” by as many as 130 pilots. We feel that for the first time in a long time, staffing levels are finally what they should be in the jets! ATR staffing in DFW continues to be a disaster!

Doug and I also question the financial responsibility of furloughing pilots, training replacements generated by a displacement bid, and the retraining of returning furloughed pilots! The cost of retraining these pilots and maintaining staffing levels must be explained, especially if additional ATRs and/or CRJs are to arrive on property.

Sadly, if your Eagle seniority finds you on the bottom 100, please prepare yourselves for possible furlough. It is our sincere hope that management’s actions won’t cut this deep. Although we don’t have many answers at this time, we felt it was incumbent on us to give you as much heads-up as possible. If you have any questions, please contact the MEC office or VJ or DG.

Last edited:

labbats

Zulu who?
Total Time
Eagle stopped hiring at least a year ago.

This possible furlough is a big surprise. The high amount of voluntary leaves should have been enough.

This will hurt all the way to the bottom 300 pilots though. I was hired before the end of 2004 there and they stopped hiring for another 18 months or so. In the first two years I worked I was on reserve the whole time and had one single day without a call. Sounds like management wants that same number flying again. Best of luck to the possible furloughees and those left to pick up the slack at the reserve level.

legendskid_44

Need a job
Total Time
Low
A good friend of mine at Eagle just called me with the news. This sucks. Good Luck to all

SBD

Total Time
Y2K
PSA recalling, now Eagle talking about furloughs. What is anyone to make of this industry?

SKYWRJGUY

Total Time
10k+
Dunno, but had a j/s last week who was exactly 1 yr DOH this month and has been displaced DFW -> ORD -> JFK...and still a reservist there. On the ERJ...

InTransit

Total Time
Just announced as 35 for May 1st, additional 40 for June 1st. Sorry guys.