<12 SJU FO ATR <31 JAN 09
<ALL DFW CA SF3 <31 JAN 09
<ALL DFW FO SF3 <31 JAN 09
<ALL LAX CA SF3 <31 JAN 09
<ALL LAX FO SF3 <31 JAN 09

Does this mean BOS and LGA are closing?

Last edited:
Classic AMR

Business Express has gone the way of AirCal, Reno, and TWA. All purchased by AMR to be basically eliminated over time. Good luck to all EGL guys and gals.

forgot to start with...

*VACANCIES* *ENTER TRAINING NO LATER
<30 ORD CA CRJ <31 JAN 09
<31 ORD FO CRJ <31 JAN 09
<100 JFK CA EMJ <31 JAN 09
<92 JFK FO EMJ <31 JAN 09
<5 LAX CA EMJ <31 JAN 09
<1 LAX FO EMJ <31 JAN 09
<9 ORD FO EMJ <31 JAN 09
<50 DFW CA ATR <31 JAN 09
<49 DFW FO ATR <31 JAN 09
CONT PG 2

Still when you add them up, 637 displacments and only 367 Vacancies = 270 pilots to many!! So that will set upgrade back 3 years. Im glad i got out of eagle after 6 years. Looks like I would have got displaced from captain again!!

Here's a question I can't seem to get answered. If someone on the ERJ put's in a displacement bid for the CRJ is said person locked into the CRJ until upgrade or could they bid back to the ERJ when their seniority can hold it. The only reason I ask is because I'd be trying to stay in domicile.

I've heard multiple answers to this question and no one seems to know. The argument is that the pilot in question would have BID into it....displacement or not.

From an outsider just trying to make sense of those numbers...

All CRJ'ss will be ORD based?
LGA and BOS EMJ closing?
All EMJ to be based in JFK and DFW?
All ATR to be based in DFW?
MIA and SJU ATR closing?
All SAAB to the boneyard?

I guess the LGA to JFK move isn't too bad for those that can hold it, but for everyone else there is some serious commuting in the future. I feel bad for everyone...I have some buddies there who made nice lives outside of work in bases that are closing. With commuting getting more difficult with every capacity cut, all I can say is good luck. My jumpseat is always open.

Perhaps it makes sense to centralize the flying by aircraft type. It would certainly improve the quality of lines available (more commutable lines in any given base), and don't discount the benefit of centralization when you need unity for union matters. INfo gets passed around a whole lot quicker.

All saabs are going to be parked. (some are sold already)

Half the ATR's will be moving to dallas to replace saab flying. (Miami and SJU still open, just a reduction to mirror American's)

EMJ bases DFW, LAX, JFK, ORD

CRJ's- Eagle has 15 in DFW and 9 in ORD now it will be just the opposite. They need replace some S80 flying with crj's

All saabs are going to be parked. (some are sold already)

Half the ATR's will be moving to dallas to replace saab flying. (Miami and SJU still open, just a reduction to mirror American's)

EMJ bases DFW, LAX, JFK, ORD

CRJ's- Eagle has 15 in DFW and 9 in ORD now it will be just the opposite. They need replace some S80 flying with crj's

Who's buying the saab's?

Regional Express in Australia

They bought Eagle's B+'s when they were returned to Saab after their leases were up

Latest resources

Back