Eagle, CO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cowboypilot

Going to EGE soon. I've got a room and a rental car. Any info on what to do while Im there. ( I dont ski)
Any info on the airport or FBO. I got the Estmp part covered(I hope)

Don't stay at the Best Western. That place is a dump. There's a bowling alley over by the high way. As of late Dec/early Jan the trout fishing was suposedly pretty good. I don't know what the season is though.

LXJ31 said:

He likes to refer to himself as "Mamba" now...

And that really would be "the" place to try skiing....they've had a phenomenal winter there and the snow should be great....Vail is one of the best too....I don't think that you will regret it

Go see Pamela at the activities desk at the Vail Marriott; she will have all sorts of suggestions. You can go snowshoeing, horseback riding, tubing at Adventure ridge at the top of the Gondola, sledding, snowmobiling and you can try the ski bike also at adventure ridge. The ski and snowboard school is excellent; I have taken both ski and snowboard lessons there. Go hit the appres ski at the Red Lion in Vail Village and listen to Phil Long, the owner, sing and entertain; it's a fun place to hang out. In fact there are a lot of good bars and restaurants and lots of fun people around. I'm sure there are things I have forgotten but if I remember them I'll post again.

Pat

Put on that fake cast and regale the bunnies with your tales of derring-do on the slopes.

Whoa! I've been reading too many of those old Playboy's from the late 60's... ;) TC

Also -- the 10th Mountain Division museum in Vail Village (if you're a WWII buff).

Take a drive up to Leadville. Nice little town and a few things to see, but mostly for the novelty of visiting the highest incorprated city in the U.S. @ 10,200' above sea level.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back