Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DGdaPilot

Parrot Head Pilot
I'm just curious what most people do when the get assigned to fly out of SJU for American Eagle. Do most commute from S. Florida? If so, from where? I don't necessarily need to live on the beech in SJU, so is it possible to find one bedrooms for about 400 to 500 bucks?
Thanks

Most people I know that went to what they refer to as "THE ROCK" (not affectionately), ended up living there. It's nice for three months but then you've just gotta get outta there (and yes, everyone I know there has)!

If you don't want to go through the hassle of buying a car you can get a crashpad with your own bed for $350-$400/mo in Isla Verde. As your schedule improves you may want to opt for a "hot-bunking" situation for as little as $140/mo. If you plan on keeping your place in the states after 6-7 months you'll probably only need a crashpad 1-2 nights a week.

I currently have a 2 leg commute to the midwest and am finally going to the jet next month (after 17 months of waiting). I am able to commute the entire month without having to spend a single night in the crashpad.

Good luck,

P.S. Eagle ain't worth it, go to COEX or Air Wis

Latest resources

Back