Eagle Air Med/arizona

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

navpilot

Any Info On This Company Flying Air Ambulance In Arizona Would Be Appreciated. Someone With First Hand Knowledge Please.

Good equipment, all C90B, some recent models.

Good pay plus housing. Pay is not as much as they advertise though, unless you work extra days. They were advertising 63K, but if you do 20/10, its more like 50K. I think you have to be on duty 25 days a month to make the full 63K.

They supply housing and pay bills, you pay 6 a day I think for it all.

12 hour shifts, so you arent perpetually on call like some operators. Not a bad company, just realize you will be living on the rez in remote locations. If they are short handed, you might end up working extra days and not getting off the rez much, although you can make a pretty good amount of money out there. If you are single, you wont be getting many dates out there in places like Kayenta or Chinle.

AZ air med

navpilot said:
Any Info On This Company Flying Air Ambulance In Arizona Would Be Appreciated. Someone With First Hand Knowledge Please.

Are you trying to stay/relocate to Arizona or are you just interested in info on this one operator? I've got contacts with a couple of good air med operators in AZ...I'll check on their hiring status if you're serious. Otherwise the above post is spot on....living on the reservation is a different experience and you better be ready for it.

arizona

I Am Trying To Relocate To Arizona. Have A Family So Living On The Reservation Is Not Ideal. I Have An Airline Pass So I Would Plan On Not Moving Family For That Position And Trying To Get Home Once A Month. Any Info On Other Companies Hiring Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Thanks.

Eagle Air Med, formerly Blanding Air Ambulance, a family run company out of Blanding Utah, also called Scenic Avaition. Ask them how many aircraft they cracked up in Chinle after hitting horses in the dark, put through Hogans off the end of the runway, hit dogs, yada, yada. Ask about flying for six months with a landing gear that was literally dangling in the well, it's trunions separated from the spar box. Ask about flying an airplane for six months with the spar cracked in three places...or about pencil whipped hundred hours, or the reason for being in business being a family member in the tribal council...then keep trucking.

Ask about their former chief pilot who bragged about running airplanes out of fuel with passengers on board, making forced landings in field medows. Ask about the history of the former owner.

Sure you wanna go there?

AvBug does have a point about the history of the operation.

Other then that 414driver knows all about living on the rez, and doing air ambulance work.

I do know a few of the pilots and many of them are great guys!

If you want any more info please feel free to contact me.

If you are single, you wont be getting many dates out there in places like Kayenta or Chinle.

No dates, but I got my dog in Kayenta. A genuine starved, beaten, bloated mutt reservation dog with a cut off tail, looking for a home...all for the taking.

I think Eagle Air fixed a lot of their previous problems, includng the former chief pilot. I could add a few stories about him too. Its too bad, he was a really nice person, but collossally bad judgement. The main worry I would have about being out there is adapting to the remoteness of the area, and not having the usual conveniences one is used to.

But if one does not mind living in Kayenta or Chinle and making 50-60, and not spending much of it at all for housing, its not a bad deal. I think they might fully fund medical benefits too.

But if you like being able to go out for a beer after work, or having places to go pursue the opposite sex, or even have eye candy for that matter, or large supermarkets, its not going to be a place to spend a year.

True, but it's an opportunity to dye all your clothing naturally reddish brown, interact with packs of wild dogs, wear turquoise, and the fried burritos at Bashas aren't that bad.

Latest resources

Back