E-170 MAA Pay rate Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flash 7

I'm just a little confused about the pay rates at MAA. I keep hearing everyone say that $58 per hour is top pay for captains yet I thought there pay rates were suppose to be the same as Eagle.

Eagles pay rates on the 70 seater tops out at like 92 per hour.

What's the deal?? Is this the starting captain pay or is that $58 per hour captain rate frozen forever??

Can anyone clarify this please!

Last edited:
I believe the pay rates are copied from the Eagle 70 seat rates (though they can cram 78 into a 170), which start at about $58 per hour for a first year captain. All pilots at MAA will start as first year since it will be a new airline. Their USAirways seniority will not follow them into MAA. This is where the true hose job on salaries comes from. The Eagle pay scale isn't great, but the USAirways union should have at least held out for the seniority to count for something. I think the Jets for Jobs captains are probably making more flying 50 seaters at other airlines than those who go to MAA for 70 seaters. I would also guess that there will be be more furloughs to come at mainline as the 70 seaters come on line. A lot more pilots getting the shaft.

MidAtlantic is not a seperate airline. In fact, there is no MidAtlantic. The E-170's will be flown under the US Airways operating certificate and be called the "Embraer Division" of US Airways.

Even though it is the same company, the pilots lose all of their longevity when going back to work at U if they fly in the "Embraer Divistion."

I suppose the name Midatlantic will be around for a while just because it has become the name that everyone knows. But you won't see it in print anywhere.

Makes me wonder if the E-170's....with the name "US Airways Express" painted on them, will have a small logo near the door that states "Operated by US Airways."

Don't know if it's true, but someone mentioned the rates are locked until 2009.

U furloughs lose their seniority?

RUhiring? said:
the pilots lose all of their longevity when going back to work at U if they fly in the "Embraer Divistion."

If this is true, than what is the advantage of working at 'Mid-Atlantic' over doing the J4J thing at a regional? The J4J pilots don't give up their seniority or re-call rights at mainline.

Is this true? Seriously?

True for the EMB Division, though longevity would resume once recalled to mainline. FO's start at top of FO scale for pay but not longevity.

Latest resources

Back