Dynamic Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Movin' on up!

Any info such as pay, time gone from home, working conditions and what kind of work would be greatly appreciated. I know...government work...I know more or less what that means, but...still want to know more.

Any info such as pay, time gone from home, working conditions and what kind of work would be greatly appreciated. I know...government work...I know more or less what that means, but...still want to know more.

I just had an interview with them and depending what you're interviewing for, if ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) the starting pay is calculated on a base amount that everyone makes, don't know what that is, but while in either Afghanistan or Iraq, you get extras like contract pay, hazardous duty pay, etc and everyone starts out as FO on either the C90 or 100 and the pay is about $12k per month. As PIC you can make as much as $18k. You do a 110-115 day rotation which includes travel, all paid of course. Then 90 days off where you can volunteer to work or not, your choice. They said it usually takes about 5-8 days to arrive at the FOB, 2-3 days to get home. Usually because you fly commercial to Kuwait or Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan and wait for military transport in country. The living conditions are austere, no running water in your quarters, community bath facilities, 1-2 person per room, you live on a military base. They provide uniforms; flight suits, boots. They fly 80-100 hours a month, airplanes are very well equipped and maintained, day and night flying both....hope this helps. Good luck.

LNJ - can you elaborate a little more about the off-time? What did they mean by work if you want to. If you decide not to work are you paid any type of base salary during your 90 day at home period or are you just basically "unemployed" during that time? I was under the impression that as a full time job you were paid year round. Also do they require you to live locally or can you "commute" from your home state? Thanks in advance.

...there is no pay in the 90 day off timeframe.

you "can" work one of their other jobs, but they are competely seperate entities. and lets be honest...after 4 months in the sandbox, most dont wanna do a dam thing but go home :)

...and yes, you can live anywhere!

Last edited:
...there is no pay in the 90 day off timeframe.

you "can" work one of their other jobs, but they are competely seperate entities. and lets be honest...after 4 months in the sandbox, most dont wanna do a dam thing but go home :)

...and yes, you can live anywhere!
What he said.....

Thanks to all for the info. To all of you working for them, be safe out there.

LNJ is mostly correct. FO's make a little more than 12K and PIC's living outside CONUS could make 17+K/month. ISR flies either C-90s or the C-12/B-200. Live anywhere in the world. Schedule is 100 days on 78 days off, they can work with you on that. Hope this helps.

How hard is it to get on with them? I hear they are picky but in strange ways.

I interviewed with them. They wanted you to be an A&P I.A. I am. But I didn't have any King Air time. So I went out and am getting some. And have re applied.

Latest resources

Back