• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dutch Harbor, Alaska

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is easy in an Aztec or Navajo. Where do I sign up for Penn Air. Is Orin Siebert still President or has he retired.

I can't imagine what a V1 cut in a 737 (or in a Saab) would be like at that airport. Yikes! I wonder what kinds of weights they are limited to.

Fun, fun, fun!

Last year, we had some extra sim time after our check so we played around with some "Dutch" V1 cuts. It was a hoot! TOW was about 100,000 pounds, max power, flaps 25. One foot all the way on the floor (and still wishing you had a little more rudder), rotate as you fly off the end - dribble a few tail feathers and tires in the water. The first few seconds airborn were tough, but accelerate to long bug, flaps 15, and life gets a lot better.
28 more days, and our crews won't have to worry about it any more.
Happy New Year!

Last edited:
And I thought circling in Butte Montana was a pain, I won't complain anymore. It has be somewhat of a relief to know you don't have to go back, mixed in with some saddness.

Did you say you wanted to get a discussion going on real Alaskan politics and religion????Now I get the drift that you know why I don't live in Alaska, Pilot Point to be exact.

BTW do any of you Alaskan types remember the last year that the cannery at Pilot Point was operational? My wife just asked as she was telling a story to our girls.

TurboS7 said:
Did you say you wanted to get a discussion going on real Alaskan politics and religion????Now I get the drift that you know why I don't live in Alaska, Pilot Point to be exact.

OK, I was born/raised in AK. What's the background on this?

...and don't forget your take off alternate is over 100 miles away.

Alternate of Cold Bay? I was in Dutch on Saturday, on a beautiful (atypical) day. Amazing. I heard they were planning to extend the runway, put rocks in the water off of the departure end of 30. Both of PenAir's Grumann Goose (Geese?) were there, calm day so they used the runway.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back