Durango sues United over Brasilia servic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AWACoff said:
The only good thing about the Brasilia is Natasha....she's a total babe!

I think Lakes is the only airline that even calls her Natasha. I tries that at ASA and they looked at me like I was nuts.
"Hi Steve! Hi Steve!"
"Landing Gear!"

Oh baby!

Why she was always yelling "Hi Steve" I'll never know ;). Dispatch guy is indeed correct. Lakes does not use the driftdown method. The Denver/Hayden trip wasvery strange. We would have to fly almost straight north to some VOR (I forget the name) and then take over a 90 degree turn to the southwest to head for Hayden. The memorable part was the fact that in order to end up on the center of the airway, you had to start your turn 4.7nm before the VOR (assuming no wind conditions). And to answer your question, no we didn't have anything better to do than compute pointless course interceptions.

Just curious, do the SkyWest 120's have the PW-118 or -118A engines on them? The -118's do not have the high and hot performance needed to operate out of a high altitude airport like DRO (6600' MSL as I recall). The -118A engines have much better high and hot performance and can take a much higher payload out of cities like DRO.

C425Driver

Last time I checked, they had 118Bs on them. Lakes did the "mod" when they brought the Brakillyas out to DEN.

I wonder how Eagle will do with there E-135's out of DRO? I guess will find out in 4 days..

dispatchguy said:

Plus, from what I remember hearing somewhere, doesnt GL only dispatch Method I (terrain clearance), and doesnt use Method II (driftdown) at all (I heard that at Air Cheese, not sure how accurate that actually is).

I'm not sure what you call Lakes' dispatch method-maybe Method 1.5? They aren't approved for driftdown in the D model, which in most quadrants outside of northwestern Iowa would mean no Method II, but of course it's not that simple. They break the route into segments and give each segment a "diversionary airport". The DEN-DRO route is usually Rocki3.HBU...DRO and they'll put something like, "diversionary airport east of HBU is DEN, DRO west of HBU." Of course the term "diversionary airport" isn't found anywhere in 121.191 a1 or a2, but that doesn't matter does it? Along those lines, the reg says that you must use the approved enroute net flight path data to figure your performance capability. They don't have driftdown charts, only SE service ceiling and SE climb gradient charts. The former is far more liberal than the latter, so you can guess which they use. Based on what the charts actually represent and the conditions used to derive them it would make more sense to use the gradient charts, but even then it should be method I not II. Of course there is no method to calculate adverse winds or the like either as required by Method II. Bottom line, act like you don't know what any of this means during any oral or examination and everything will be OK!:p

3green said:
I wonder how Eagle will do with there E-135's out of DRO? I guess will find out in 4 days..

Even though I am with EGF, I wouldnt know as I only work the Caribbean :) No driftdown down there...

Only 10 people on a Brasilia? Seems like the only way that's possible is to max out the fuel. That's still around 5 hours. On our ER's at ASA, with 3 hours of fuel we can still take 30 passengers with full bags using winter weights.. Usually it's zero-weight limited by then which reduces it down to 29 passengers.

IFLYASA said:
On our ER's at ASA, with 3 hours of fuel we can still take 30 passengers with full bags using winter weights..

Just curious what the ratio of ER's to non ER's is at ASA in DFW? I commute DFW-IAH and it seems that the max load is usually around 25 pax on a good day and on weather days I've seen it restricted to 19 but usually in the 20-25 range (can't imagine where the alt was that day...but I got left behind).

The Dork is hardly ever weight restricted. I've seen it maybe three times when the weather was crap, 100 knot head wind for a 2 hour 15 minute flight. Then we maybe need to get rid of 2 people. I like the Brasilla but the Dork out performs it greatly. True's out at 330 to 340, 31000 ft cruise altitude and climbs like a home sick angel ex. Like I said, nothing against the brasilla but they should have kept the Dork service.

Guess seven of the dorks are comming to PSA from Air Whisky.
Maybe that's why they pulled them out.

Latest resources

Back