• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dump Duane Worth ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Duane has failed all alpa members by his lack of leadership.

That might be true. Can you priovide examples and details. What exactly do you mean?

They failed on the RJ issue. Letting the flying go to regionals.

How? Specifically, what actions did ALPA take or not take to fail on the RJ issue?

Alpa for the majors and Alpa for the regionals is a joke a complete conflict of interest there should be two different unions representing each's interest.

How would two different unions be better. can you explain your comments? Do they have pragmatism. I am starting to beleive that your comments are just something you over heard the "Cool" guys say int he crewroom.

How come Worth pulls in excess of 500k a year when everyone eles has taken between 30-60% pay cuts. where is his lead by example?

Get your facts straight, then I will listen to what you have to say...

Don't take my responses as pro DW, rather anti ignorance. :D

Why is Worth and alpa national silent now when the age 60 thing is coming down the pipe in congress. Is it because Duane will be turning 60 in the next year or so? Even though the alpa poll showed overwelming support for NOT changeing the age. Where is Duane and national in Wash.DC?

Now I know you don't know what you are talking about.

Wanna bet?

Rez,

Sorry, been out flying, so didn't get a chance to get back. To answer your question, yes, I've walked that path. Some meetings we only had a few, some upwards of 18-20+.

It's not easy, remember most pilots don't live in domicile, so they aren't going to commute in on a precious day off just for a union meeting. But there are ways around that problem, one just has to be creative.

As an example of lack of leadership from National, our LEC tried to have a 'Family Awareness Day' on LABOR DAY of all days! We had more than enough money in our budget to cover expenses, it just had to be released by National. Guess who's rally ended up getting cancelled, because National wouldn't approve it?

This is the disconnect between line pilots and DW, CB and all the others in Washington. They need to go, all of them, they have lost touch.

Peace.

Rekks (former LEC Chair)

Rez,

Sorry, been out flying, so didn't get a chance to get back. To answer your question, yes, I've walked that path. Some meetings we only had a few, some upwards of 18-20+.

Cool......

It's not easy, remember most pilots don't live in domicile, so they aren't going to commute in on a precious day off just for a union meeting. But there are ways around that problem, one just has to be creative.

Very true. It is tough.... but what can one say... I realize a precious day off is exactly that.... precious. It is valuable and priceless.

Time (off) is like money... I liken it to insurance... You can save a few bucks by not paying premiums, but when (not if) you need to make a claim you are screwed.

So in this case, the average line pilot should should be spending the time... if they don't, they won't have what is needed in terms of education and information to handle the situation. Also, it weakens unity, which is basic yet paramount..

I looked up the Constitution and By laws... LEC's are to have meetings once a quarter...

As an example of lack of leadership from National, our LEC tried to have a 'Family Awareness Day' on LABOR DAY of all days! We had more than enough money in our budget to cover expenses, it just had to be released by National. Guess who's rally ended up getting cancelled, because National wouldn't approve it?

Do you have more info...? I'm not sure ALPA National would all out stop a Family Awareness Day. Was it beacuse you were trying to do something unique?

This is the disconnect between line pilots and DW, CB and all the others in Washington. They need to go, all of them, they have lost touch.

Peace.

Rekks (former LEC Chair)

I agree there is a disconnect. We need to re-connect....

However, let's not as individuals allow ourselves into a mexican stand off.... If ALPA National isn't on the high road.. doesn't mean we have to get off...

Thoughts?

Latest resources

Back